Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Marty and Doc and Back to the Future - Iredit flashback.

Hello all...

Sorry for the flashback and I don't quite need 1.21 gigawatts or Plutonium! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-77xulkB_U.

I simply need to get Iredit running on a basic Windows 10 laptop so we can control a basic 4x1 HDMI switcher which only offers IR as a control option. This shouldn't be that hard. However, scanning through the forum seems to indicate othewise.

Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Cheers!

Michael

Comments

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734

I recently uninstalled my semi-crippled IREDIT from a current WIN10 machine... rebooted clean, then reinstalled (system files first, main program second). Both complained that some fundamental support apps were missing and closed. But then WIN10 popped a dialog asking if it installed right - I said no, it offered alternative settings, which did allow an install. This time around, IREDIT is the most stable I've seen it in a long time. I got a crash trying to cut and paste within a IRL file, but other functions worked. Try it.

FYI, IREDIT is the only reason I keep my oldest laptop with WINDOWS XP

• PyroGuyPyroGuy Posts: 121

Thanks John...

I'll take that info with at an ounce of hope. I may not get to try it today but if a part doesn't come in tomorrow, I will have some time to try it out! I appreciate your support of us lower level programmers!

• jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908

I usually have to run the IREdit install as admin, and run IREdit in XP compatability mode, but other than that it works fine for me.

The occasional crash from copying and pasting still pops up (doesn't happen all the time), but it's not the end of the world. I liken it to playing Don't Break the Ice or Minesweeper without knowing how to play; it adds a bit of suspense to a dull day.