Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Error CIpEvent::OnError 0:15:1

Hi,

I have programmed to integrate bdx zonepro 1261m with AMX NI3100. But dbx looses connection with amx frequenlty and diagnosis logs of amx shows following error:

Line 4597 2021-07-14 (10:55:21.410):: SendString to socket-local port (15) invalid
Line 4598 2021-07-14 (10:55:21.411):: CIpEvent::OnError 0:15:1
Line 4599 2021-07-14 (10:55:21.441):: error: server=17

Can anyone help me what this error mean and what can I do to fix this problem? Fyi- dbx ping is continuos . there is no disconnection.

Comments

• Error 17 means 'Local port not open'. I could mean you are sending the string before the connection has established. In the data_event for the zonepro (0:15:1), you should use the 'online' event to check if the connection is there and only send data after.

• @Richard-Thanks for the clarification. But I didn't understand if the port on NI3100 is blocked on dbx side or AMX side. Since DBX zonepro and amx NI3100 are giving continues ping except few breaks in between. So what may be the reason for closing of this local port?

• HARMAN_ChrisHARMAN_Chris Posts: 597

As Richard pointed out, it would appear that the connection is closed at the time the command is being sent and thus triggering the error message. Pinging an IP address would not necessarily keep the socket open, but rather simply tell you that a device (not necessarily the one you want) is responding at that network address.

As for why the socket is closing, the client device may handle connections in this manner - receive command > respond > close socket.

• IIRC the ZonePro requires you to establish a connection before you can send anything and a sort of acknowledge message every few seconds after or else it will close the connection to the controller. Some devices do that. This is for RS232, can't remember if IP control is the same. Never actually used the device with AMX control, but did some research into it a long time ago.

• oki. that makes sense. So probably I should check if the port 3804 (on which dbx is communicating with AMX and laptop) is getting closed frequently.

Thanks for all the inputs Richard and Chris!!