Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

MD-702 in portrait mode

Good day!

I have heard different things from different sources (all AMX qualified)

Has anyone used the MD-702 in portrait mode? We have a client with plans to have the TP in a small room but the framing (already completed) is too small to mount the 702 in landscape mode. There is not a lot of content so I believe it can be made to fit in portrait mode.

Has anyone done this? Did you have any problems?

Thanks!

Comments

• PyroGuyPyroGuy Posts: 121
    edited August 2021

One more thought after this "Post"!

I've heard that if we have to mount in landscape orientation, there is a smaller wall mount that can be used to mount the TP. It will be raised slightly out of the wall. I can't seem to find the reference to that product on the AMX website. Any suggestions?

• HARMAN_RobHARMAN_Rob Posts: 230

Is this the mount you're looking for?

https://www.amx.com/en-US/products/msa-amk2-07

• PyroGuyPyroGuy Posts: 121
    edited August 2021

That is the mount for which I have been looking! Thanks!

Now I just need to know if anyone has successfully mounted an MD-702 in portrait mode. It appears that TP5 will do it, but I don't have a spare TP at the moment to test for myself.

Thanks again!

• HARMAN_ChrisHARMAN_Chris Posts: 597
    edited August 2021

There is a telnet command for rotating the orientation, but you will want to try it out to ensure it works for your model. The built in menus and keyboards DO NOT rotate with that command.
    1) Telnet to panel
    2) Type superuser and press enter
    3) Type set rotation 90 and press enter
    4) Type reboot and press enter
    5) Enter password 1988 and press enter

• And remember the panel has a viewing angle optimised for landscape mode. Don't know how obvious it will be with this panel, but it could be that looking at it from the left or the right in portrait mode could be different.

• And BTW, that mount has it's challenges. If you want to mount it to a flat surface the Ethernet connector won' fit in the shell, it's to shallow for that. You either need a hole behind it or use the flat 5 feet ethernet cable that comes with it to replace the current cable/connector and mount the ethernet connector outside the housing. The plastic isn't really sturdy either, we've had one panel just dropping off the mount and another one that just wouldn't attach to it at all. Disclaimer: These were for the the MST-701, but I think the mounting is exactly the same.
    So YMMV, but it's something to keep in mind.