Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

NetLinx Studio 4 Crashes

I am running NetLinx Studio 4.4.1914 on Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 (64-bit) on an HP ProBook 450 G5 with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz and 16GB of Ram. Recently I have noticed an inordinate amount of NetLinx Studio crashes, as in at least one or two a week after going years without major crash events. Especially when I use Bulk FW Uploader. Is there an issue in compatibility between this build of NS4 and the newest Windows 10 update?

All this aside, does the Autosave Feature save the current NetLinx code as the original file name or does it save it somewhere else under a different name? Just started using it because of the crashes and it doesn't work the way I thought it would and I may be misunderstanding it.

Comments

• Options
    igorbauerigorbauer Posts: 7
    edited February 2022

I just ran across this post, idk if you solved it but on Win 10 it is absolutely necessary to start the NS with administrator rights. Right click on the icon, the choose Run as Administrator.
    Unfortunately it will not stop the crashes completely, but I found it will greatly reduce their number.
    I don't rely on the Auto-save, I prefer to Ctrl+S every once in a while.

Edit: same goes for TPD4 / TPD5. Run as Administrator and they will crash significantly less often.