Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

File system type

Hi.
Does anybody know what kind of file system AMX uses on its flash cards (ie. Firmware on SDCards)?
Having a problem with a probably corrupt firmware and wanna try to fix it externally if possible...

kind regards,
Harry

Comments

• Options
    w_hariw_hari Posts: 15

so, found out its Linux EXT4 with 5 partitions, now it would be interesting how that is created out of an .KIT image, since thats only a zipped file too...

• Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    edited November 2022

Best solution is to clone a good card. You can also save a clone image as a file and create a new card clone anytime. I've done this on 9000i's a number of times - they have been particularly prone to fail on this panel type. Also on the old 8400's. Theory was that the operating system would repeatedly re-write the configuration data in the same spot, eventually wearing the static memory spot out, rendering it unable to take new data. As a result, a firmware upgrade attempt would result in a fatal error and brick the panel. Which of course was infuriating since the panel was typically working until you decided to "upgrade" it...

Note that cloning an SD card from a NetLinx brings the image's serial number with it, resulting in a mismatch that only matters to software that is licensed to the serial number. Not much of that to worry about.

• Options

@w_hari said:
    so, found out its Linux EXT4 with 5 partitions, now it would be interesting how that is created out of an .KIT image, since thats only a zipped file too...

Why do you assume a .KIT file re-writes the filesystem? I would think it just places it's files in the locations that the filesystem provides.

• Options

@richardherman said:
    Why do you assume a .KIT file re-writes the filesystem? I would think it just places it's files in the locations that the filesystem provides.

Well your right, it probably doesn't but in case of a bad partition that would be the only way to fix a bad card. Guess I have to send it in and will clone the card when I get it back from Tech Support...
    Thanks for your input!

• Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734

Curious... what is the device in question at the moment?

• Options

@John Nagy said:
    Curious... what is the device in question at the moment?

A Modero 1002