Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

File system type

Hi.
Does anybody know what kind of file system AMX uses on its flash cards (ie. Firmware on SDCards)?
Having a problem with a probably corrupt firmware and wanna try to fix it externally if possible...

kind regards,
Harry

Comments

• w_hariw_hari Posts: 15

so, found out its Linux EXT4 with 5 partitions, now it would be interesting how that is created out of an .KIT image, since thats only a zipped file too...

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    edited November 2022

Best solution is to clone a good card. You can also save a clone image as a file and create a new card clone anytime. I've done this on 9000i's a number of times - they have been particularly prone to fail on this panel type. Also on the old 8400's. Theory was that the operating system would repeatedly re-write the configuration data in the same spot, eventually wearing the static memory spot out, rendering it unable to take new data. As a result, a firmware upgrade attempt would result in a fatal error and brick the panel. Which of course was infuriating since the panel was typically working until you decided to "upgrade" it...

Note that cloning an SD card from a NetLinx brings the image's serial number with it, resulting in a mismatch that only matters to software that is licensed to the serial number. Not much of that to worry about.

• @w_hari said:
    so, found out its Linux EXT4 with 5 partitions, now it would be interesting how that is created out of an .KIT image, since thats only a zipped file too...

Why do you assume a .KIT file re-writes the filesystem? I would think it just places it's files in the locations that the filesystem provides.

@richardherman said:
    Why do you assume a .KIT file re-writes the filesystem? I would think it just places it's files in the locations that the filesystem provides.

Well your right, it probably doesn't but in case of a bad partition that would be the only way to fix a bad card. Guess I have to send it in and will clone the card when I get it back from Tech Support...
    Thanks for your input!

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734

Curious... what is the device in question at the moment?

@John Nagy said:
    Curious... what is the device in question at the moment?

A Modero 1002