Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Transport Icons

In the templates on the AMX web page there are icons that show up as text. ie up channel is shown as 0073. How do i put that into a tp4 panel that I am designing.
Thanks for any help

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    AMX Bold

Select the AMX Bold font for the font of your button. Each letter for that font maps out to some sort of symbol. I don't know the complete mapping but the down arrow is "a", the record symbol is "p", the play button is "q", the up arrow is "s", and the AMX logo is "A."

You can also select AMX Icon or AMX Icon 2 for the font and you'll get some additional symbols.

I would assume there is a list of how these fonts map out but I've never found it.

Hope this helps.
  • ClingpeachClingpeach Posts: 156
    Thanks so much. I have the q, p all that stuff from the templates. I didnt know about the AMX Font setting
  • shr00m-dewshr00m-dew Posts: 394
    You can also use 'Character Map' that's built into windows. You can see all the cool stuff every font has. You can copy the UNICODE from there as well and just plop it in TPD4.

Windows's own windings fonts have a lot of cool stuff too.

Kevin D.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Joe Hebert wrote:
    I would assume there is a list of how these fonts map out but I've never found it.

Since I've never looked, and I'm sure you'd probably know where to look, I made one up really quick. Hope this help . . . and I hope I didn't forget anything.

The numeric keys in AMX Bold will only yield . . . numbers (what a coincidence!) :D
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    jjames wrote:
    Since I've never looked, and I'm sure you'd probably know where to look, I made one up really quick. Hope this help . . . and I hope I didn't forget anything.
    Cool. Thanks, Jeremiah.
  • ClingpeachClingpeach Posts: 156
    Great....thanks
    Bigger!

No problem everyone. I'm not sure if it's because I'm going blind or what, but that map is a little hard to read . . . SO I MADE IT BIGGER!! :D

Weird thing is . . . I'm not from Texas. LOL :D

Image is 1000 x 1000 px
  • If you go to Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Character Map, you can select any font and it shows you all the characters available in it, if you select an entry it will show it larger. You can even cut and paste from there, at the bottom it tells you the "letter" it corresponds to. I added a tool link in TPD4 so that I can kick it off from within TPD4.

If you don't know about the tool menu it is awesome, you can add shortcuts to other applications to TPD4 then then get added to the tools menu. You can do this by going to: View -> Customize then select the "tools" tab and add any application you wish. I also like to add the calculator and photoshop to the tools menu.
  • I got this from one of the monthly AMX news letters...but I forget which one....It's in Excel format. Hope it helps someone....

Also, Guifx.com has a great freebie set of fonts and a .pdf file with them all listed. There are some great icons. I use these alot...

http://www.guifx.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=200
    Thanks Gary! Welcome to the board man - great first post. :D

BTW - Love your avatar.
  • pdabrowskipdabrowski Posts: 184
    and here i was about to post the guiFX website link!

they have a set of ttf fonts that can be used instead of the icons in a TP layout.