Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions
Options

Martin MAC-250 DMX Lighting control

G'day, Thanks for looking.

Has anyone controlled the Martin MAC-250 lighting system with DMX?
I can talk to the lights and all functions work except I cannot make
them turn off or on.
Any help would be much apprectiated.

Cheers

Matthew

Comments

• Options
    pdabrowskipdabrowski Posts: 184
    MAC's are funny beasts.. getting them to strike after power up sometimes requires going into the front panel controls and setting the lamp on manually...
  • Options
    ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    Under the fixture menu, dlof has to be set on. This enables dmx lamp striking. To lamp on, unit address #1 has to be set at a value of 228-237 or 89-93%.

To lamp off, unit address #1 has to be set at a value of 248-255 or 97-100% for more then 5 seconds.

In the manual it states: If DMX Lamp Off is disabled in them enu, a lamp off command can only be executed if the CTC filter is selected, the prism is on (not rotating) and the open gobo is selected.

Here is the manual for more info. Feel free to contact me with any other questions, I know these fixtures pretty well.

http://www.martinpro.com/service/downloadfile.asp?name=UM_MAC250_EN_D.PDF&cat=65
  • Options
    mushmush Posts: 287
    ryanww wrote:
    Under the fixture menu, dlof has to be set on. This enables dmx lamp striking. To lamp on, unit address #1 has to be set at a value of 228-237 or 89-93%.

To lamp off, unit address #1 has to be set at a value of 248-255 or 97-100% for more then 5 seconds.

In the manual it states: If DMX Lamp Off is disabled in them enu, a lamp off command can only be executed if the CTC filter is selected, the prism is on (not rotating) and the open gobo is selected.

Here is the manual for more info. Feel free to contact me with any other questions, I know these fixtures pretty well.

http://www.martinpro.com/service/downloadfile.asp?name=UM_MAC250_EN_D.PDF&cat=65

G'day Ryan,

Do you have to continuously send the vaule for 5 secs or does it just have to remain at that level for 5 secs?

Thanks for your help mate.

Cheers