Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

Welcome to the new forums!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] AdministratorPosts: 0
Let us know if you are having any issues
Thanks

Comments

• Is there any way to adjust the colors? I'm getting old and blind and have trouble seeing which areas have new messages.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Administrator Posts: 0
    We adjusted the new post status icon to be brighter,
    as you look at the left side, the new posts will have the bright icon.

Thanks!
  • Looks good.

What about adding an integrated spell checker.
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Google Toolbar

Aside from blocking popups, the Google Toolbar has an integrated spell checker which can be used when posting here or any other forum (any web form). The Google Toolbar is an automatic install for any PC I get my hands on.

I.E.
    http://toolbar.google.com

Firefox
    http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/toolbar/
    B_Clements wrote:
  • Joe Hebert wrote:
    Aside from blocking popups, the Google Toolbar has an integrated spell checker which can be used when posting here or any other forum (any web form). The Google Toolbar is an automatic install for any PC I get my hands on.

Are you sure it is not some kind of spyware? Free toolbars always make me nervous.
  • pdabrowskipdabrowski Posts: 184
    B_Clements wrote:
    unfortunately the spellchecker is not a standard option in vbulletin (unless you are running IE and the WYSIWYG editor is enabled). see this thread at vbulletin.org :http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92202 as there is a third party MOD for it.

I don't know myself how it performs - or if it is even suitable for v3.5.4 (i'm a phpBB admin and fanboy, so my vB knowledge is minimal!)

The only drawback I can see is how the spellchecker will handle code snippets!
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Joe,
    Thanks for the reminder of Google's Toolbar. I love Google's products and just installed the toolbar; I can't wait to use the spell checker . . . now they just need a Grammar check plug-in. :)
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    If you run Firefox, you can get any number of extensions for spell checking. My own preference is DictionarySearch, which lets me highlight a questionable spelling and it brings up another tab with it's entr from www.dictionary.com, complete with suggestions if you misspelled it. The best thing is it's not limited to one forum, it works everywhere, so you can check the page itself as well as your form entries..
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    B_Clements wrote:
    Are you sure it is not some kind of spyware? Free toolbars always make me nervous.
    It's safe; I've run fairly extensive scans on my systems, and it never flagged any of them. I would suggest, however, an even better toolbar, which has both IE and Firefox flavors: the Groowe Search Toolbar (www.groowe.com). It has a pulldown to use just about every search engine out there, including Google, and all of the amenities each engine has to offer, and dynamic buttons to support them. It's like having a dozen or so search toolbars in one, and only taking up the space of one. What I especially like is the ability to switch quickly between Google and Wikapedia, or to do a quick Amazon search. I uninstalled the Google bar in favor of this a while ago, and never looked back.
  • DHawthorne wrote:
    It's safe; I've run fairly extensive scans on my systems, and it never flagged any of them. I would suggest, however, an even better toolbar, which has both IE and Firefox flavors: the Groowe Search Toolbar (www.groowe.com). It has a pulldown to use just about every search engine out there, including Google, and all of the amenities each engine has to offer, and dynamic buttons to support them. It's like having a dozen or so search toolbars in one, and only taking up the space of one. What I especially like is the ability to switch quickly between Google and Wikapedia, or to do a quick Amazon search. I uninstalled the Google bar in favor of this a while ago, and never looked back.

Thanks Dave, and to the others that have responded about the spell checker.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908

Is there any chance we could up the size of the avatars allowed? Currently their at 50x50, perhaps go up to 75x75 or 100x100?
  • JillJill Posts: 44
    Wow, it's been awhile since I've been on and things have really changed. I see that the older 'latest post' has been replaced by 'today's post' nice but is there any way that I can still see all of the older post I missed. :):)

You can see the posts you missed by going to Quick Links >> New Posts.
  • JillJill Posts: 44
    Thank you Suzanne..Thomas and the others are correct, you rock. :):)