Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Issues with an MVP-8400

Hello,

I am having a little bit of a problem with an MVP-8400, the Training room is set up like this:

NI-2000 with 2 MVP-8400

Room A is controlled by MVP-8400 1
Room B is controlled by MVP-8400 2

Both rooms can be combined and MVP-8400 1 controls both rooms.
(it's a good thing both rooms were not combined with MVP-8400 1 failed)

Anyway, MVP-8400 is stuck at the AMX logo. I tried going into the Touch Panels set up buy holding the Down button on the Right hand side and the bottom button on the Left hand side.

Nothing is happening, apparently it has lost it's touch panel files and much more.

I also tried using different batteries to no avail.

I also tried inserting just one battery while pressing the middle of the 8400 while it booted to see if that helped. I can safely say that this didn't help.

I would like to get into the set up menu to check the IP setting, or even change it to USB so that I can transfer the TP4 file directly to the 8400.

Any assistance on this would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Unhappy when a Modero keeps stuck on AMX logo at startup it means generally either a hardware failure or CF card in it dead, in either way you have to return it to AMX for exchange or repair :(

Vince
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    If you want, you can open it up, check if all is in its place. Have had Wifi cards falling out of their slots... Furthermore, check what happens when you connect it via USB, it might just work :)
  • Options
    mhermannsmhermanns Posts: 32
    The chassis of the MVPs can produce this error, too. If the chassis (twisted by sunlight or what ever...) is pressing on the surface of the touchscreen, the MVP will not start. You can test the distance of the chassis and the touchscreen with a sheet of paper and maybe you can fix it by "twisting the chassis". In most cases you will need a new touchpanel...
  • Options
    That is what I was afraid of, having to replace the 8400. Anyway, I have a spare that I can use in the meantime.

Thanks for your help and I will try the things you guys suggested and I will let you know what I find.
  • Options
    Does your panel appear online in NL Studio?

If it does you can 'Control A Device' and send a 'SETUP' command