Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

TPD4 2.6.0 error in preview function

I have a problem with TPD4 2.6.0 build 509 on my new notebook Dell Latitude D520 (core duo intel) Win XP pro SP2.
When I try to execute the panel preview under TPD4 the system began very slow and it's necessary wait for 10-15 minutes to watch the simulation of the panel. On the screen appear the window of "Status" and it seem to write the single image file *.png very very slowly. If I try to stop it, the TP4 crash!
When I use the G4 Panel Preview program it's all ok!
Now I'm using the "G4 panel preview" program separeted from TPD4
but first I have to close file.tpd and then execute it again.
I tried to re-install TPD4 and G4 Panel Preview changing the installation sequence..I tried to modify the "Preference Menu" of TPD4 enlarging the Image cache size.
It appear like a problem regarding the writing images during the panel preview operations.
Another cause may be the new Core Duo processor?!

thank you for all replies

Giacomo

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I seemed to recall a problem with caching in TPD4, and I don't seem to recall that it's been fixed. Not image caching, but page caching - turn it off and see how it goes. Most reported a different symptom: popup pages spuriously being deleted from the file. But it sure sounds to me like a caching issue could cause your problem too.
  • Options
    giacomogiacomo Posts: 11
    DHawthorne wrote:
    I seemed to recall a problem with caching in TPD4, and I don't seem to recall that it's been fixed. Not image caching, but page caching - turn it off and see how it goes. Most reported a different symptom: popup pages spuriously being deleted from the file. But it sure sounds to me like a caching issue could cause your problem too.

thank you for your replay
    where I can find the option "page cashing" in TPD4?
    I suppose it's a problem regarding the compatibily between TPD4 and my notebook Dell.
    I just installed TPD4 on PC and different notebook without problem!
    I tried to modify the disc cashing on Win XP and some display configurations.
    I think I will try the installation of a previous version of TPD4

thank you
    Giacomo
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Edit | Properties : on the Application tab is a check box that says, "flush closed pages on save." I had my troubles with that checked, and unchecking it made them go away. Worth a try ...
  • Options
    banobano Posts: 173
    Help!!!!

I am having the same downloading to panel(s). What used to take 10-15 seconds now takes 10-15 min or more. I just purchased a Dell Inspiron E1705 using Intel core processor and XP pro sp2. I have tried previous versions of TPD4 to no avail.I've tried numerous file manipulations storage locations,etc. I've submitted the problem to tech support, but no answer yet. In the meantime, I'm going back to my old Inspiron 8200 which works like a charm. If I can't get this resolved soon, I'm going to have a $1000.00 boat anchor on my hands. Help if you can.
    giacomo wrote:
    I have a problem with TPD4 2.6.0 build 509 on my new notebook Dell Latitude D520 (core duo intel) Win XP pro SP2.
    When I try to execute the panel preview under TPD4 the system began very slow and it's necessary wait for 10-15 minutes to watch the simulation of the panel. On the screen appear the window of "Status" and it seem to write the single image file *.png very very slowly. If I try to stop it, the TP4 crash!
    When I use the G4 Panel Preview program it's all ok!
    Now I'm using the "G4 panel preview" program separeted from TPD4
    but first I have to close file.tpd and then execute it again.
    I tried to re-install TPD4 and G4 Panel Preview changing the installation sequence..I tried to modify the "Preference Menu" of TPD4 enlarging the Image cache size.
    It appear like a problem regarding the writing images during the panel preview operations.
    Another cause may be the new Core Duo processor?!

thank you for all replies

Giacomo