Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

Error when logging out.

Hello All
Has anyone been getting an error when logging out?

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I pretty much never log out, so I just tried it, and yeah, I got the error message. Something with cookie management it goofed up. I tried twice to be certain, and got the error both times.
  • Reese JacobsReese Jacobs Posts: 347
    Error when logging out

Yes, I get an error every time I log out and in fact have to clear the cookies and then logout again (3 steps). It has been this way since they converted to the new web site. I am using Netscape 7.2 with cookies enabled - no different than with the previous web site when it worked just fine.

Reese
  • -Firefox 1.5.0.4
    -IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519
    -Netscape 8.1

I haven't had any issues of any sort with logging in and out. What other browsers are yout's guys using? Can I get some specifics on the error? I can't duplicate and without that . . . throw me a bone people.
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    I tried with both IE and Maxthon.
    I'm using Firefox 1.05.04, and I get the error. I wonder if it's old cookies ... I'll manually delete them and see what happens ...

The error is a vBulletin page saying there was an error in performing the action. I has a link to click which gives you the optiojn to delete your cookies. If you click that link, you are loggedout. If you don't, you remain logged in.
    Wiping out every AMX cookie on my computer didn't prevent the error. Here's a screenshot of the vBulliten error page.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Administrator Posts: 0
    We will look in to this,
    For future reference please state whether the problem is with amx.com or www.amxforums.com

Thanks
    Problem seems to be fixed on this end, please verify and let me know..

Also I moved AMX Chat to the menu bar on the left. This was a fix for the menus not popping down on some sub forums.

Thanks!
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    It seems to have worked, no more eror when logging out..Thanks guys.
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Doesn't close browser = logout? If not, I've been logged in for the last 2 years. :)

Is there a benift to acutally clicking LogOut? Just wondering...

Thanks.
    There are two reasons to log out:
    1. More than one person use the computer, or you are at a computer that you do not normally use
    2. You are worried about someone using your account to read/post

Logging out clears the login cookies so that when you return to amxforums, you are required to log in again.

Thanks!