Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum
Options

Sending Messages To A Tpi4

Im an end user. Want to know if this can be done.

I have a TPI that resides in the kitchen. I want to be able to send it messages through a windows application ie Microsoft Word so that other members of the family can view tasks, appointments etc. With little user operations from them other than pressing their color coded message on the touch screen. Maybe have a flashing color message to alert them that there is a new message.
Obviously i dont know how to program this. But was wondering if it could be done then i can relay this to my programmer.
Was just looking for some advice on this which seems to have stumped him.

Comments

• Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    For sure you can do that in two ways:

-> Develop a little program running on Windows that allows to type a message and send it through an IP connection to NetLinx controler, and then controler can do whatever it wants such as display it on a panel (TPI or any AMX panel)

-> Use Internet Inside pages of NetLinx controler to get a web interface under Windows that allows you to type your message and send it to controler and then same story as previously ;)

Hope it helps

Vinc
  • Options
    alexanboalexanbo Posts: 282
    The RMS suite from AMX can integrate into outlook for calendar management so perhaps you might wan to look into that instead of coding everything from scratch.
  • Options
    Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    I thought there was a stand-alone Outlook integration solution, but failing that, I second the vote for RMS...

- Chip