Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Motorola IR channel codes needed asap?

Does anyone have IR codes for a Motorola DCT6200/DCT6208 for the MyDVR, LiveTV, or OnDemand buttons? I'm going live with a system tomorrow and the IRL file on AMX is missing those codes.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Beyer

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    If those are the only functions you need, you could easily grab the pronto file from remotecentral.com and use the HEX codes to add them to the IR file you have. I have used the HEX codes in the past for discrete functions not available on the original remote.... and also when I didn't bring the iris with me :)

Jeff

PS
    You can also download the pronto edit program from the site to view the remote file.
  • Options
    joelwjoelw Posts: 175
    Does anyone have IR codes for a Motorola DCT6200/DCT6208 for the MyDVR, LiveTV, or OnDemand buttons? I'm going live with a system tomorrow and the IRL file on AMX is missing those codes.

I have some RS232 code for DCTs. Does your unit have a serial port?
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    For whait it's worth, I have a file for the 6400, though it seems to be lacking the specific buttons you mentioned. I strongly suspect they are there, but under different names. The OnDemand functions. for example, use DVR transport commands on some boxes. Maybe you can get what you need out of this ... I've also included a help file that shows how to access some of the more unusual functions from a "standard" remote. My experience has been all Motorola boxes use the same codes.
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    'why dont you buy an IRIS? costs a few bucks, but spares you troubles like this...
  • Options
    Jeff, that's exactly the idea I was going with. I will either get the codes from Remote Central or learn them into a Pronto and edit/copy.

Thanks
  • Options
    Since this job is going today I can't get an IRIS now, but I will for the future.

I did find a post with and IRL file for Motorola DCT-6208 & 6412 that seems to have the codes that I need. So as you all have suggested, I'll either use my current IRL file and 'learn' the additional codes, or switch to one of that other IRL files. Thanks for all your help, I'll let you know how things went when I get back...

Jeff