Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware MAX by AMX
Options

MAX MMS-12s + Modero MVP-8400

Hi everyone,
Sorry for bothering you all...

I'm quite new with working with TP4 files, usually I'm a NetLinux programmer, regardless...

I have a bit of a problem, I've downloaded MAX4Plus_CV17_Show.tp4 and I'm just trying to get it to communicate with my MAX Multimedia Server (mms-12s) ( 62.3.231.141 ) and I'm unsure how to do so.

Is it possible someone could assist me how to do so? or could someone edit the file with the new IP (only if its easy to do so) and save it for me please :)

Also... is it possible to use the new MAX HT TP4 files to connect to a MMS server? MAXHT-8400.TP4 for example this file (as I have modero MVP-8400) as it seems to be better.

Thanks ever so much for your help in advance,
~Joeh

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    They don't connect directly, you have to install the UI module in your NetLinx master, and it handles transactions between the panel and the MAX. All your MAX settings are fed to the module, as well as the panel address.
  • Options
    Thank you for clearing that up.
    So do I make a new NetLinux module from scatch or are there any examples?

Thanks again,
    Joeh
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Joeh wrote:
    Thank you for clearing that up.
    So do I make a new NetLinux module from scatch or are there any examples?

Thanks again,
    Joeh
    There is one on the AMX site, with full instructions to install. I'd link it, but they use a javascript gateway on the downloads section, you have to go through the whole InConcert thing - just do a device search for MAX, and pick the server configuration you have. Most are running the same module in any case.

You really don't want to write your own if you can help it, it's a huge undertaking and could eat up weeks of programming time if you want it to be full-featured.
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    DHawthorne wrote:
    You really don't want to write your own if you can help it, it's a huge undertaking and could eat up weeks of programming time if you want it to be full-featured.

I second that, I've tried to write my own and it's extremely difficult, I gave up after about a week and went with AMX's.