Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware MAX by AMX
Options

Rail Mounting Kit

Ok, this may be a stupid question, but has anyone had problems with the rail mounting kit for the HT series? We recently got one in and first of all the directions are like something from an IKEA nightmare. Beyond that it looks like the rails are going to be too long for my good 'ole standard Middle Atlantic Rack. Any words of wisdom out there?

Thanks.

Thad Glavin

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    tglavin wrote:
    Ok, this may be a stupid question, but has anyone had problems with the rail mounting kit for the HT series? We recently got one in and first of all the directions are like something from an IKEA nightmare. Beyond that it looks like the rails are going to be too long for my good 'ole standard Middle Atlantic Rack. Any words of wisdom out there?

Thanks.

Thad Glavin

Yes, they are too deep for the standard Middle Atlantic Rack. I had to replace my racks in the job where I put one in. I didn't do the actual work with the rails, but I do recall the installer cursing a lot :). Once in, they worked very well though ... it's a nice design, and you have full access to the MAX server when its all done and can even pop the cover without removing it from the rack.
  • Options
    Not to be too critical, but not fitting into a MA rack can hardly be a nice design for a custom install product :)

Anyway, they make various depth racks, do you know which one you tried? I have a MAX sitting here and we were planning on putting into the rack with everything else, now you got me nervous!

Curt
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    TrikinCurt wrote:
    Not to be too critical, but not fitting into a MA rack can hardly be a nice design for a custom install product :)

Anyway, they make various depth racks, do you know which one you tried? I have a MAX sitting here and we were planning on putting into the rack with everything else, now you got me nervous!

Curt
    The MAX itself won't fit into the rack, even if you didn't put it on rails. I'm talking the MMS900 though, the smaller ones might be OK. Middle Atlantic makes one big enough, it's just not the standard size. This isn't the first piece of equipment I've run into where I needed a deep rack, it's just the way it goes sometimes.
  • Options
    Ah, I will have to check what we specked, since it is an HT12 (smaller I believe) and we always order deep racks (got used to using Sony 777s...)

Curt
    Trikin

UPDATE - oofta, I just looked at the specs on the non-HT series, I see the problem! 26" deep, only 18.75" for the new ones. phew.