Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Panel docked message constantly displays

Anyone know why a MVP-8400 docked in a tabletop docking station will constantly display "panel docked" touch any area to continue".
This occurs every few minutes and is very annoying,

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    joec wrote:
    Anyone know why a MVP-8400 docked in a tabletop docking station will constantly display "panel docked" touch any area to continue".
    This occurs every few minutes and is very annoying,

Thanks

Sounds like bad contact to the charging pins.... Just try to clean them.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Sounds like bad contact to the charging pins.... Just try to clean them.
    ... or the dock itself is flaking out.

I haven't had this exact problem, but I've had docks that wouldn't charge, and docks whose magnet went bad. I have also had panels with malformed pinouts on them, so that they didn't seat reliably. You have to check all of those, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    joecjoec Posts: 55
    Thanks guys .. Ill clean the terminals. Its been a few years I guess maybe its time now..
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    joec wrote:
    Thanks guys .. Ill clean the terminals. Its been a few years I guess maybe its time now..
    It never ceases to amaze me how much glop a customer can manage to get inside their panels. Soda, coffee, even chunks of food ... I've found it all. A little bit on the pins would not be unexpected.
  • Options
    DHawthorne wrote:
    It never ceases to amaze me how much glop a customer can manage to get inside their panels. Soda, coffee, even chunks of food ... I've found it all. A little bit on the pins would not be unexpected.

WORD!

if I could afford one, I would care, but for them...