Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Java webcontrol issues

Morning,

i'm having some problems using webcontrol.
We have installed numerous NXC-ME260 frames for a large job and the costumer wants to control the rooms through G3 Webcontrol. In most instances this works out great, we have had some problems because the company was using an older version of Java, and didnt want to upgrade, but thats all solved now.
The problem im facing now is that sometimes the G3 Webcontrol seems to "hang" on loading up. When i reboot the frame I can use it once, but when i close the page and retry, it wont work. Another reboot and it's fine again.
The things is that this problem isn't showing up on all the frames. There are 5 or 6 frames that have this problem, and the rest works great.
I'm thinking this might be a firmware problem, but the last i checked, the frames had the same firmware...

I've been snooping around the AMX website and found a firmware update that addresses the following things:

# Fixed HTTP server thread priorities to prevent lockup
# Fixed HTTP server data transfer sizes for G3 web control
# Enabled G3 web control links

Seems like that might solve my problems. Only problem here is that this is from a Duet firmware, and i have no reasons to run on Duet firmware... Isn't it likely that the same version of this firmware (but the non-Duet one) has the same improvements over the older one?
I'll post costumer Java version later, and hope someone can help me out :)

Comments

• yuri wrote:
    Morning,

Yes, G3 web control is flaky, and it always has been. But it does work; you sometimes have to reboot.
  • yuri wrote:
    Morning,

I've been snooping around the AMX website and found a firmware update that addresses the following things:

# Fixed HTTP server thread priorities to prevent lockup
    # Fixed HTTP server data transfer sizes for G3 web control
    # Enabled G3 web control links

Seems like that might solve my problems. Only problem here is that this is from a Duet firmware, and i have no reasons to run on Duet firmware... Isn't it likely that the same version of this firmware (but the non-Duet one) has the same improvements over the older one?
    I'll post costumer Java version later, and hope someone can help me out :)
    Yuri,

please check the version of TPDesign used to convert the TPD to Java. It's required to use TPDesign3 v3.16 Build 200 (install build 199 and then install patch). The Java archive used in older versions of TPD3 are not that stable. If the files were converted with an older version, it's required to convert them again and to load to the master.
    Jave2 SE JRE should be in general v1.4.2_04 or higher, but we recommend to use _12 (latest v1.4 downloadable from Sun's homepage). The _12 is pretty fast and works very good.

Hope this helps,
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    But how do you explain that some netlinx frames work almost flawless and some frames are notorious for their problems...
  • Yuri,

You can not update the NXC-ME260 to Duet firmware. Only the latest versions with 64MB memory are able to run Duet.

Are all panel designs created on the same laptop running the same version of TPD4 as stated in previous posts?
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    TPD3 to be exact. We use a generic TPClasses.jar for all uploads and that works for most of the frames.