Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Nxt-1500vg Rgb & Mpeg4

Has anyone else tried streaming mpeg4 to a Modero on the new firmware? I can't seem to get it to work on ours. The TP shows color bars for a sec, then those become offset to the left of the video window, then it goes black and the TP goes offline, then it tries again.

The video source is a VBrick mpeg4 encoder. I can grab the stream from any computer on the network with QuickTime, so I don't think the encoder has a problem. Is there a specific resolution, or bandwidth that the TP is looking for? Any help would be appreciated.

_ben

Comments

• Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Well I must say latest firmware 2.60.25 for VG Moderos is worse than previous one. I encounter same issue than you with MPEG2 and MPEG4 stream !!

I have been able to see few streams in MPEG2 but regularly it resets, come back to main page, drops offline and comes back online few seconds later.
    Concerning MPEG4 stream, I have been unable to see some with it till now, each time I try panel resets and come back to main page :(

If I try to look at an MPEG2 stream with 5.1 sound channels, I get a very strident sound and after that, sound is definitively dead in panel, I need to reboot it to get sound back working...

That's all I have seen till now with that new firmware :(

Vinc
  • Options
    Anyone faring better with this issue?

--John
  • Options
    MPEG2 only.

From the AMX Streaming White Paper "The VG series supports MPEG2 video delivered as a transport stream using the standards-based RTP/RTSP protocols."

http://www.amx.com/assets/whitePapers/AMX.Streaming.Video.Guide.pdf

Look on page 6 of this document for more info on what format is supported.

I am going to try streaming in the next few days and will report back.
  • Options
    we set up an axis 241S cam server yesterday [there's not much to set up anf only a few options to play around with]. i can see the stream with vlc very well. when I copy the stream address into the TP i get the color bars and after a few seconds the black surface and then the TP hangs completely.

are there any improvements planned ???
  • Options
    Streaming test

We are running a direct stream from an AMX MAX-CSE to an NXT-1500VG. It works perfectly with excellent quality on our office 10/100 LAN. The LAN has >50 nodes in service including 5 NetLinx systems, many Modero Panels, a dozen PCs, and two servers.