Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

New MVP 8400 firmware?

I just down loaded and installed the new firmware 2.70.8 kit and I was running on 2.62.(?) and now my display is 800 x 480 and the image repeats to fill up the remaining 120 lines.

What the heck is up with this! I didn't get up at 5 in the morning to get annoyed, this is no way to start the day!

Any one else have a similiar occurence?

Comments

• DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    Hi VAV,

Did one on Tuesday - no problems.

Since your post, just upgraded my development panel - no problems..
  • I upgraded also and have had no problems.

Bill
  • vining wrote:
    I just down loaded and installed the new firmware 2.70.8 kit and I was running on 2.62.(?) and now my display is 800 x 480 and the image repeats to fill up the remaining 120 lines.

What the heck is up with this! I didn't get up at 5 in the morning to get annoyed, this is no way to start the day!

Any one else have a similiar occurence?
    The "Image shift" is mostly an ESD issue. Technote 775 describes it.
    http://www.amx.com/techsupport/techNote.asp?id=775
    Will it displayed normal again if you remove batteries and power supply?

Maybe it just was bad luck that the ESD issue happens right after a firmware transfer.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have updated more than a half dozen to that version without a problem, I tend to agree it was just bad luck you had the issue after an update.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I don't know about ESD. The weather was warm and raining, not the kind of condition for building static charges. Although, I had just recently climbed out of bed so a charge could have been caused by friction with the blankets. But I still don't buy it. Plus I don't recall even touching the panel. Removing power and re-applying did fix the display but some buttons didn't work. Re-sending the TP file corrected that.

I guess I'll have to start supplying my customers with wrist bands and a 30' braided copper wire to run back to the bath room to pick up a cold water ground so they can keep using it while in bed.
  • Firmware updates

On a rare occasion I have messed up a panel during firmware updates. The result was the need for a replacement compact flash card.

I have gotten into the habit of removing the user pages before attempting major firmware updates. It is a simple process of reloading the panel file afterwards.