Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

Kaleidescape SATP

Has any one had any problems with the satp on an MVP-8400??

The problem i have is when trying to browse the text (album, track etc.) is not completely refreshed, i.e. i get a few new lines at the bottom of the page and the top stays as it was.
Now this problem is also quite random, as sometimes it will refresh the entire page and do what it is meant to, but most of the time it will give between 3 - 6 lines of updated text.
Has any one got any idea's?
I have done some trouble shooting and put there exact TP design onto the panel just to make sure it wasn't anything that we had done when modifying the page layout, but it made no diffrence.
We are using the original netlinx module as written by k-scape

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Gerrad

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Are there dynamic images on the same page? I've had issues (not related to the K-Scape at all) where channel states and variable text updates are completely lost if a large dynamic image is loading on the page. I've noticed it especially with camera images. Could your cover art images be doing it?
  • Not sure if this is a fix or not. AMX MVP-8400's have a known "image" tear problem. They have a shielded gasket kit that fixes the issue. Im not sure if this is the same problem you are describing, just thought I would throw it out there.
  • thanks,

yes there is a cover art window. it is a pop up so i can turn it off and see if it makes any difference.
  • I am having an identical problem, and was wondering if you ever found a solution?
  • problem fixed
    I am having an identical problem, and was wondering if you ever found a solution?

Yes mate i did get the solution
    this is what they sent me and it sorted out the problem
    This sounds a lot like a buffer overflow. When you turn on debugging (in the console, send_command kplayer1, "debug") do you see buffer overflow errors when the broken list is shown?

If so, open the module, scroll down to about line 304 and increase the KALEIDESCAPE_BUFFER_SIZE to 10000. Recompile, reload, and that should fix it.

hope that helps
  • Thx for the quick response Gerrad. I'll try the fix next time I'm onsite.