Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

Emulating A Touch Panel

Hello All,

I need your help in finding a way to emulate a touch panel for the netlinx master using a computer software of some facility using the netlinx studio, as i am willing to buy NI-700 master to start learning. but buying atouch panel just for learning is very costy :(

so if you can help in emulating a touchpanel that can emulate my tp design and show me the feedback and buttons activities

i hope you all got what i am trying to say

Thanx to you all

Regards

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    There are two solutions I can think of:

1. Use G3 graphics in a web interface.

2. Watch Ebay for an old G3 touchpanel. Occasionally one pops up for one to two hundred bucks.

Just understand that these options do not allow the use of the new G4 ports and expanded channels support.

Jeff
  • SensivaSensiva Posts: 211
    Using G3 web interface

Thanx for replying. But how to use G3 in web interface, what is it anyway??
  • Mohy wrote:
    Thanx for replying. But how to use G3 in web interface, what is it anyway??

Create a touchpanel layout using TPDesign3.

Select File / Save as HTML, select Netlinx, set the base address, click on Convert.

On completion, click on FTP Transfer, enter the IP address of your controller, use NetLinx / password and start directory \.

Now launch your web browser and enyter the IP address of the controller.
  • SensivaSensiva Posts: 211
    Thanx dear NMarkRoberts

i appreciate your reply
    but i thout i could have something can emulate the touch panel like panel previewer

:)
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    You can use panel preview to test out your touch panel design, but the program does not allow communication with the processor. If all you are trying to do is learn the basics of AMX programming, start with the web based touch panel. It's not a difficult step to move from G3 to G4 and the web panel is your cheapest entry point if you are trying to learn AMX on your own dime.

Jeff