Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Help - NI3000 not booting

Hi,

I am offsite and unable to physically check a broken NI3000. There was a powercut at the installation and when power was restored the NI3000 failed to boot.

The box has the green status LED on, the red output led is off and the yellow input led is on.

From what I can see this means the box is booting, which it has bow been doing for more than an hour.

The power has been recycled to see if that was the problem but has not fixed the problem. Is there anything that cane be done without connecting via the programming port? (IP is down also)

Comments

• Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    I think the box stops hunting for an IP after 5-10 mins so. Sounds like the program might of been dumped. :(
  • Options
    hodeyphodeyp Posts: 104
    when you say the program do you mean the software or the actual firmware of the device?

Whichever way sounds like i need to get in the car before it gets dark and the lights fail to work!!
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Software. I've had a couple units do this before after an electrical interuption. It's like a fresh out of the box unit.
  • Options
    sadly looks more serious - cannot connect at all via any method and no acyivity on any os the status leds, calling tech support now!!
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    A bad CF card will do this, I've had it happen to me a few times, and it's not really the power interruption that triggers it, it is like a hair-trigger that could occur on any boot up if the bad CF is present. Someone well-placed in AMX admitted to me "off the record" that they had a bad batch of CF cards shipped to them exhibiting this behavior. They will replace it for you, but it's always best to call in case there is something else going on.
  • Options
    thanks, i did speak to tech support who were very helpful. inside the box the service led was flashing and it seems that the most lieky cause is a corrupt comact flash card.

Sadly, this means waiting for them to send me a new one which is far from ideal :(