Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

Newest G4 upgrade 2.7.0

I was able to download G4, 2.7.0, ver 545 this morning but when I tried to update my laptop this afternoon it no longer shows up. Is there a problem with this lastest download that I need to un-install it and reload the earlier version?

Comments

• Are you referring to amx.com or WebUpdate?
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    The web update.:)
  • I just got word that there was a glitch this morning and that file was mistakenly made available for download through WebUpdate for a short time. It is not a verified or approved release.
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    cool, what can we expect from a next release ;)
    Thanks Suzanne, Is there any major concerns I should have if I continue to use this or should I un-install and use the older version? (please PM me if there is any concerns)
  • There are no known issues that we are aware of, but this is an unverified version. It is adviseable that you revert to the previous version until the new one is released in a couple of weeks.
    The new TP4 is now on the AMX web site. :)
    i dont get it.
    Why release a version of a software program that supports hardware that isnt even going to be available for another month or so...
    They could have waited with it, and fix some more bugs i reckon :)
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Maybe the R4s ARE SHIPPING! (/me does a happy dance)?

Or, maybe they just want to give people the chance to play with the software and keep interest piqued in the R4? (/me stops dancing like a moron)

Either way, I am excited to be able to play with the software to start to clear up my understanding of what will and won't be allowed on the R4.

Jeff

P.S.
    We are talking about support for the R4, right? :)
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Well I nearly killed a 1200VG with that new TPD4 :( I just uploaded files to 1200VG (firmware up to date :) and he told graphics file need to be updated, it started then TPD4 blocked at 3/4 of transfer telling me no more answer from panel, and now my panel is locked on a setup page where I just see round buttons but no text in it: incomplete file transfer.

I'm unable to do now any transfer from TPD4, each time it blocks at same place :(

Vince
    vincen, i have had that once with a full panel transfer. I could connect to it through ethernet so i changed the master communication settings through telnet to USB. Then i redid the whole transfer and it worked out :)
    If you still can't fix it, get a new flash card from AMX, i think they don't charge you for it.
    yuri wrote:
    vincen, i have had that once with a full panel transfer. I could connect to it through ethernet so i changed the master communication settings through telnet to USB. Then i redid the whole transfer and it worked out :)
    If you still can't fix it, get a new flash card from AMX, i think they don't charge you for it.

Thanks for the tip, but am I supposed to be able to transfer through USB on 1200VG panel ? If so in telnet to panel it offers me only Ethernet or ICSP for connection to master :( ICSP = USB ? I'm not sure :/

Thanks

Vinc
    Sorry vincen. The panel you described doesnt support USB. I mostly work with the Modero series, and they have a USB port on top of the unit.
    i dont think ICSP is the way to go...
    On the other hand, telnet should be giving you the option to revert to a base system, or is that only on Netlinx frames?
    yuri wrote:
    Sorry vincen. The panel you described doesnt support USB. I mostly work with the Modero series, and they have a USB port on top of the unit.
    i dont think ICSP is the way to go...
    On the other hand, telnet should be giving you the option to revert to a base system, or is that only on Netlinx frames?

I think you misunderstood my previous message. 1200VG panel is a G4 panel, latest generation of Moderos Panel with streaming support. Moderos with USB on top of unit is on MVP series.
    New VG Moderos have USB ports on backside for keyboard and mouse but I don't know if we can download pages through them :/ Someone an idea ?

Vinc
    yuri wrote:

Unhappy not I hoped but clean disk command in telnet does absolutely nothing :(

Vince
  • RonenRonen Posts: 55
    Usb Lan

Vincen,
    Try using this:

AMX USB LAN
    Install this application driver for TPDesign4 and NetLinx Studio for support of direct connection to Modero VG Series panels via USB.
    ZIP | 1.60 MB | v. 2.01.05 | 2006-09-06
    Ronen wrote:
    Vincen,
    AMX USB LAN
    Install this application driver for TPDesign4 and NetLinx Studio for support of direct connection to Modero VG Series panels via USB.
    ZIP | 1.60 MB | v. 2.01.05 | 2006-09-06

Thanks for the idea, but same thing, I'm able to see Modero on USB connection, connect to it from TPD4 but transfer blocks in same way :(
    I tried also a reload of firmware but it blocks always when it wants to transfer VTG file so I suspect something is wrong on CF card !

Noone would have a dd copy of a CF card for VG Moderos ?

Thanks

Vince
    vincen wrote:
    Noone would have a dd copy of a CF card for VG Moderos ?

Thanks

Vince

do you think that would help? Just get a new card from AMX :)