Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

Heads-up on obscure MVP bug

I just tracked this one down and confirmed it with AMX TS; it's sufficiently obscure that the chances of getting bit by it are pretty rare, but I thought it may save someone some hair pulling.

I accidentally assigned duplicate channel addresses on one of my MVP's hardware buttons and the surround mode buttons on their receiver control. Besides the obvious, "my surround mode changes when I navigate menus"problem, I found that the feedback on one of these buttons turns the front status and stylus lights on. It doesn't matter what you assign the light ports and channels to, if you turn ON the feedback for the center button of the hardware nav cluster, the lights will come on too. This was confirmed by sending ON and OFF commands via telnet to the channel assigned to the center button - they made the lights go on and off too.

So not only was this guy's receiver switching to PL2xGame whenever he hit that center button, the lights also came on on the panel. When he switched sources, it would go on and off depending on whether the audio stream supported that mode. Very bizarre bug, and I never would have noticed it if I hadn't a bug of my own in the program. I imagine the next firmware will fix it.

Comments

• yuriyuri Posts: 861
    you turned a hardware button on and off :D
    cool ;)
  • Seen this LED problem before

I have had the blue led turn on for no reason even when the channel is set to 0. I had corrupted tp pages. Copied the pages to a new clean tp file and the problem would go away.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I just got this bug, but with my panel, there is no other button assigned with the same channel number as the center nav cluster button.
  • GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    More lights that you can flash the better programmer you are! I need to include this bug as an upgrade. :)