Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Mvp-8400 Button Images

Is anyone aware of a way to (via code) assign a particular image to a button?

I have been playing aroung with some of the embedded button commands
(^BMF, ^BMP, etc) but when I send the command, it just eliminates the graphic from the button. It never changes to the new graphic image that I place in the command.

I decided to assign several background graphics to specific slots in TPD4,
but I have not seen a command to tell a button to display the graphic image
from a specific slot#.

There must be something simple that I am doing wrong.

Anybody done this succesfully before?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    VLCNCRZRVLCNCRZR Posts: 216
    Got It!

I guess my head is still in the G3 era sometimes.

I finally figured out that I needed the ^ICO command because
    the slots are considered icons, not bitmap images in TPD4.

Thanks
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I never use the slots anymore, strictly bitmaps. It makes things more portable; I have a habit of copying screens from one project to another. If you use slots, the icons are not necessarily going to be in the same slots from panel to panel, and it winds up scrambling them ... stuff like your Play button having a picture of the drapes on it :).
  • Options
    VLCNCRZRVLCNCRZR Posts: 216
    I always use bmp/png/jpg for all my button graphics also.

For this particular project, I wanted a way for the client to select which vendor would
    be using his conference center. So I placed all my vendor logo background images
    into slots, and then the client can (from his tech panel) select which logo will
    be the background image for each panel in any of the rooms.

Using the dedicated slots seemed to be the only organized method I could see to
    have everything inside the panel.

I had considered using dynamic imaging from their web server, but they felt more
    comfortable with the images loaded directly into the MVP-8400.

Thanks for the reply.
  • Options
    alexanboalexanbo Posts: 282
    DHawthorne wrote:
    I never use the slots anymore, strictly bitmaps. It makes things more portable; I have a habit of copying screens from one project to another. If you use slots, the icons are not necessarily going to be in the same slots from panel to panel, and it winds up scrambling them ... stuff like your Play button having a picture of the drapes on it :).

To get around this I just standardized my slot allocations. In some situations I like the ability to put a play icon on a custom button without having to create a transparent button for the play icon.