Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions VisualArchitect

Network Cameras

I have two network cameras once D-LINK AND TRENDNET someone know how can I get the path of Motion-JPEG stream the any those cameras?.

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    If the cameras support MJPEG you can usually find this through the cameras web server and some where in configuration or set up there might be something with HTML examples or srcipt examples and it should like like this one for an axis camera.

http://192.168.1.77/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?resolution=320x240

I've never worked with either of these cameras but they should be similar.
  • Thank?s

I will find it file.
    It possible show TV signal on a Touch Panel?
    Yes, depending on the panel. Most G4 panels support video input via the break out box, either composite, S-Video or component depending on the panel model. To watch TV signal on a MVP you need a MJPEG server to convert the base band video into MJPEG and stream it to your panel.
  • Touchs Panels

I have MVP-8400 and 5" video Wide screen touch panel.I possible get Audio and Video on those touchs panels?
  • Have you considered reading the manual?
  • 5" and MVP audio / video

Mr. Trujillo,
    I think that your question is good and the answer is not in the MVP manual.
    You may stream Motion JPEG to MVP's using DynaMo, which while not good for viewing a movie may be useful for video preview or remote camera viewing. See this technote at amx.com:
    http://www.amx.com/techsupport/techNote.asp?id=682
    MVP's may also playback stored wav files, while new 8400i may be used for Voice over IP.
    CV5's support both video and audio but you must purchase the optional AV breakout box.
    I hope this helps.
    Doug Hall
    AMX Product Manager
    I think all the newer panels support MPEG 2 and 4 streaming as well which should open up alot of possiblities for devices that use those codecs. Cameras would be one.
  • flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    Doug Hall wrote:
    Mr. Trujillo,
    I think that your question is good and the answer is not in the MVP manual.
    You may stream Motion JPEG to MVP's using DynaMo, which while not good for viewing a movie may be useful for video preview or remote camera viewing. See this technote at amx.com:
    http://www.amx.com/techsupport/techNote.asp?id=682

I'm on the field right now and I'm strugling with the settings for an Axis 241S server. I followed the instructions in the tech note but I'm not getting the image in the touch panel. I set up the Dynamic image path and file like it was showed in the TN for the axis server as follow without any luck:
    Path: axis-cgi/mjpeg
    File: video.cgi?resolution=352x240
    Then I tried what was sugested at the botton of the technote regarding about using Firefox and copying the location out of the streaming image and I got this:

So I used the following configuration:

path: mjpg
    file: video.mpg

Any ideas what am I doing wrong?
    Never mind, I found the problem.
    Since I made the screen shot before I read your latest post I'll send it anyway.
    vining wrote:
    Since I made the screen shot before I read your latest post I'll send it anyway.

Thanks Vining. With the Axis 241S is as follow. I was missing the j in video.mjpg.