Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Tips and Tricks

DirecTV D11 and RC 23 IR Control problems

OK,

Not much on posting, and certainly not as bright as most of the people on here so bear with me.

I recently discovered that there is a problem with the IR control of the D11. I've spoken to AMX in Texas, and they have confirmed to me that this is actually a verified "quirk" that at the time, about 1 month ago, there was no real solution to.

The Problem: If you are entering a code by pulsing or turning on and off channels via TO, PULSE, or actually using ON and OFF, which ever channel was last entered seems to repeat over and over until another channel is activated, then THAT channel seems to repeat. It has been reported that some people have had to go so far as to remove power from the D 11 DirecTV box(Power pulse just continues on and off until the box is unplugged) to stop this (Which proves that the problem is in the D 11 box, and NOT the AMX sending repeat codes). AMX has told me that because the RC23 remote provided by DirecTV does not cause this problem, that DirecTV is assuming NO responsibility and therefore there appears to be an impasse between AMX and the Manufacturer as to this problem and its resolution.

In my situation, I was trying to use the IR codes from the RC 23 (Which appears to be EXACTLY the same as the IR codes from the RC 16 as both of my IR files work the same) to control a D11 Box which lived in a the same rack as my NI-4100 controller.

I have discovered though that there IS a button that gets you out of this terminal repeat loop. If the ENTER channel is activated (Channel 21 in the included IRL) after your desired channel, then the D 11 does NOT repeat. I'm not entirely sure why, but it works. So I've written code which will send the ENTER Channel after most button presses. The downside of this is that now the number buttons are directly entered into the D11 instead of being built until you push enter. The solution for this is to build the numbers in code, and then send then to the D11 after pressing the "ENTER" button via the XCH command to the IR processor.

ALSO(Unconfirmed): I think that the ENTER and EXIT Buttons use the SAME IR pulses. Again, I'm not sure, but this seems to be the case.

I have included a txt of the chunk of code, and the .axs and the .irl in a zip file.

I hope this helps some of you who are losing their minds quietly until a REAL solution is worked out.

Thanks,

AWFedder

Editied to remove the lengthy TXT file

Comments

• cmacma Posts: 94
    Have you ever just tried to use a "SP" or "CP" command? I have never experienced the problem you descibed with a DTV box and I can't remember the last time I used the PULSE, ON or OFF command for IR.

My typical settings for DTV are CTON,2 and CTOF,4 and then I just use either "CP", "SP" and "XCH".
  • ipssheldonipssheldon Posts: 106
    AMX has an IR file that corrects this issue. I believe that the attached file was the one that AMX sent me that I have had good luck in using recently. I got this file from Leslie at AMX Tech Support. She was aware of the problem and very helpful in resolving it.

Hope this helps.

Sheldon Samuels
    IPS Resources LLC
  • Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    Yeah, Leslie kinda rocks, doesn't she? :)

- Chip