Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Multi state buttons

Hi all

I am using multi state general buttons to represent more than 2 states. I must do it with states cause I am not controling the text - its constant text on the bitmap.

in general buttons I am switching the states using the ON[tp, button_channel] / OFF[tp, button_channel]

What is the way to do it in a multi state buttons?

I found this post - is this is the only way to do it?

http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=1224&highlight=multi+state

Thanks

Ady.

Comments

• Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    you can use on and off on a multistate button. It will then show the first state followed by the next, etc etc until it hits the last state.
    If you want to select a specific state on a multistate button you need the ^ANI command :)
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    You could also turn it into a multi-state bargraph and send it a level. And it would be as simple as "SEND_LEVEL dvTP1, 1, nSTATE" where nSTATE would be the step you want it in.

I just woke up, I may be VERY wrong . . . but it sounds good at least!
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    jjames wrote:
    Sounds good to me and I've been up for hours!
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    jjames wrote:
    You could also turn it into a multi-state bargraph and send it a level. And it would be as simple as "SEND_LEVEL dvTP1, 1, nSTATE" where nSTATE would be the step you want it in.

That's how I do it. I simply find it far easier and more elegant to update the state with a send_level. I can't think of the last time I used a multistate button outside of a simple animation to go from ON to OFF. ANy time I want to track intermediate states, I make it a bargraph.
  • Options
    adysadys Posts: 395
    thanks guys, I done some code with ^ANI but the next button I will check with LEVELS