Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Recommended DVR for security

Hi all

I am looking for DVR for security use, we have now a pc based DVR and we cannot connect with it by serial or ip, only API and we don't want to write special code for it (C++ windows only)

What are the recommended models?

thanks

Ady

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I'm looking at these for a coming project: http://www.atvideo.com/Products/falcondv.htm . I've used their multiplexers to good effect in the past, and this project would combine the mux with the DVR. However, I haven't integrated one of these yet, so the jury is still out on an actual recommendation :).
  • Options
    GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    I've used EverFocus many times, has web server and easy protocol.

http://www.EverFocus.com
  • Options
    KouyaKouya Posts: 60
    Check out Panasonic Security products. I have networked some of their DVR's

Brian
  • Options
    More data on the ATV Falcon DVR - it seems a separate multiplexer is not required after all. It has one internal, and though it loses some of the more esoteric views, I think it's more than adequate for an AMX control standpoint. Attached is the RS-232 protocol.
  • Options
    the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    I have been a big fan of the Dedicated Micros Digital Sprite DVRs.

Good web interface, easy control, and quite a few nice features.
  • Options
    GE also makes one,, and AMX already has a module for it. It's the DVMRe-16T; the module calls it a Kalatel, but a search under GE finds it.
  • Options
    sethollesetholle Posts: 66
    DVR's for security

I have used the sanyo models also, they have a very simple protocol and easy to control.
    From basic recording to advanced search for playback by date and time, I even used them as media servers that people could control via keypads to play back certain times days etc.
    SEth