Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

TouchScreen

What type of code would allow me to show the numbers I type, to also show up on the touchscreen. I think its some sort of string I should be using. I am trying to get the channel 1-99 on the VCR to be displayed also on the touch screen. I have the button setup on my touchscreen as a text input (is that correct) but I have no ideal how to write the code. Any help would be great as I learn program.

Comments

• Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Do you just want the number to show on the panel as it is pressed or to be displayed till another number is inputed?
  • David_wDavid_w Posts: 23
    Just displayed tell another number is pressed. When I hit Enter I would like it to go back to default of being blank.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    You could open the keypad popup on the touchpanel. ( SEND_COMMAND <DEV>,"'@AKB-&lt;initial text>;<prompt text>'" )

This should do what you need. You will have to create a STRING: event for the touchpanel to get the numbers entered tho.

Jeff
    How do I create a string event? I went to programer class about 6 months ago, but I haven't had anytime write code until this week. Now I'm trying to figure it out and it's driving me crazy? Help please......
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Just create in your DEFINE_EVENT section something like that:

DATA_EVENT[dvTP] // dvTP is your Touch Panel Device
    {
    STRING: // it will trigger when you receive a string from touch panel
    {
    // all texts received from touch panel will be placed in a system variable named DATA.TEXT type CHAR
    }
    }

Vinc
    Anyone know where to get some good sample code at?