Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Create a folder in TPDesigner 4

Currently I created a TPDesigner 4 project. I have no idea how to create a sub-folder (inside Popup Pages) for storing my subpage. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    With the popup open, in the popup page properties window, select tab General and enter a sub folder name in the Group enter. That's it!

You can move them from group to group just by dragging them, also very useful, any popup in a group will automaticlly close any other popups in that group.
  • Options
    GSLogic wrote:
    With the popup open, in the popup page properties window, select tab General and enter a sub folder name in the Group enter. That's it!

You can move them from group to group just by dragging them, also very useful, any popup in a group will automaticlly close any other popups in that group.

That is correct, but I just want to re-iterate so it doesn't get lost in misinterpretation. While popup groups can be used as "folders" for organization, they really are for defining a mutually exclusive group of popup pages. That is, only one popup page in the group can be visible at any given time. When one is shown, if another is the group is also shown, it is automatically hidden. And there is a page flip command to hide popups using their group name, so you don't have to know which one is currently visible.

So, while you can use these groups to organize the workspace tree in TPD4, keep in mind there is no way of turning off the real behavior of the group.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Rob Whapham wrote:
    And there is a page flip command to hide popups using their group name, so you don't have to know which one is currently visible.

You can also just send PPOF for any page in the group whether its showing or not and it will close any page showing of the group. At least that's my recollection.