Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware Matrix Distributed Audio
Options

New Baud Rate!!!

The newer Matrix Audio units, I believe version 7 or higher have been updated to operate at a 9600 baud rate. The documentation and modules haven't been updated as of this post so if you can't talk to it check the version and try the higher baud rate in hyper terminal.

Comments

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    FYI, I saw on the AMX Inconcert site that the Duet module (note) says it now supports multiple baud rates and firmware versions.
  • Options
    Well I checked out the code and it appears to be a fixed baud rate. Hard coded inside the comm module of the Duet version.

They still haven't fixed the standard netlinx module and of course I can't get them to release the comm module so I can fix the baud rate and other issues the comm model appears to have so I just going to give up and abandone use of this product. Of course they'll get around to it, sometime.

They didn't even have the common sense to put a sticker on the MA device stating the baud rate was changed from what all the documentation specifies. Apparently wasting our time isn't of any concern.

I'll go back to selling what works.
  • Options
    New Duet Module

The new duet module that was uploaded on the eigth has a default baud rate of 9600. You can set the baud to the old default of 4800 via the set property command. If you use a send_c "PROPERTY-Baud_Rate,4800" you can reset the baud rate to the one you desire. So far I have had no problems getting this to work.
  • Options
    I guess I was expecting a selection in the main.axs to select baud rate and passing a paremeter to the comm module. I didn't look for send_command function to pass to the virtual device which is actually a cleaner method for changing values.

Unfortunately this still doesn't do me any good cuz while the Duet module was locked in at 4800 bps and couldn't be forced higher I was left having to use the standard netlinx module and now some 40 hours later modifying, adapting, improving and creating new GUIs I'd have to put in another 15+ hours to convert to Duet. And because I didn't want to do anything to make this work in the first place I think I'll stick w/ the tried and true. Something I have full control over. Maybe if and when I have time to create my own comm module I'll re-visit the MA's possibilites.