Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

ni 3000 don't go up

adysadys Posts: 395
I have ni 3000, when I connect it to the power all the leds are going as they should in all controllers, but after that the yello led of input stays on forever, and I cannot connect to it using serial cabel...

is there is somthing to do before I go to replace it?

thanks

Ady.

update:

now the input and the ouput leds are on forever...

Comments

• Options
    Have you tried booting it up with DIP-Switch 1 turned on?
  • Options
    Have you tried booting it up with DIP-Switch 1 turned on?

no.

I am was not familiar with this trick...

tired now, same thing, input and output leds are on.

Somtimes both, somtimes only input stays on after reboot

just found this

http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=2343&highlight=input+led

I hope this is now my case :(
  • Options
    Can you connect via the serial port?

If so, you can set ip and get it to a static address to ensure that it is not looking for a DHCP server. Then reboot and see what it does.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Adys wrote:
    That link refers to the service LED inside on the circuit board probably an ME-260.

Sounds like your code is stuck in an infinite loop. Are you sure you flipped the dip switch and rebooted, that should bypass your code completely and get you out of the loop.
  • Options
    If status and Input LED stay on and the red Output won't come up after a while, this is an indicator that the CompactFlash is corrupt, so the Operating system can not be loaded.

In this case, the unit must be sent to AMX for repair.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    If status and Input LED stay on and the red Output won't come up after a while, this is an indicator that the CompactFlash is corrupt, so the Operating system can not be loaded.

In this case, the unit must be sent to AMX for repair.

This is very likely. I had two units fail like that in a row, and got tech support to admit they had a bad run of compact flash cards. You may have had the bad luck of getting one they didn't catch.
  • Options
    Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    If you have access to a good NI3000 or have an CF image, you can open up the unit (if its powered on you'll see a small green LED flashing on the PCB, marked Service) and mount the CF (or a spare) on a PC and reload the good image. This will get you out of the Input light of doom!! You'll need to reload the code and do a firmware update for good measure.
  • Options
    I tired reboot with the dip switch , nothing helps

Its new from the box, so my code was never there...

Thanks all, I will replace it soon and let you know what was the problem.
  • Options
    DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    We have seen this before with a new box.

It is almost surely a network related issue and if you persist with the serial cable connection you will eventually establish coms with the unit.

Even though the serial connection keeps failing, just keep trying until you get it. Once connected, set a new IP address and you should be fine.

Hope it helps.