Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

TPD3 WebInterface

Hi

I just started programing on AMX a couple months ago, so my experience is still really short. I spend some time reading all I can from your posts here, wich are very helpfull, altho I'm kinda stuck at the moment.

I'm trying to make a web interface with TPD3.

I was able to do it, and load it to the controller, a NXI (quite old already), altho I got a couple of problems.

I can't have more then 1 pc accessing the webpage on the controller. When the second pc tries to connect, he gets an error on the bottom of the Java window, saying "Login error".
I don't know if it's the controllers limitation, the software's limitation or my skills limitation.

Another problem is that I'm not able to send Variable text to that page. I can change Feedback on the buttons but not the text on it. I know that this is possible on the touch pannels (G4 at least), but never tried in this kind of interface.

Would apreciate alot your help on this situation, wich I understand it might me a little noobish.

Thank you

Andr

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I can't find the tech note that explains it on the AMX site anymore (why the heck we still can't browse subjects instead of needing to search, I don't know; it's possible they took it down), but you have to edit the files generated by TPD3 to have multiple instances of the web control applet up. Maybe someone knows the tech note number, or has a copy ...

I don't believe the G3 web control supports variable text. I'm not 100% certain of that, but it's what I recall.
  • JeffJeff Posts: 374
    Are you referring to Technote 378?

As far as I know, you can't do variable text on a G3 web panel. Real panel = yes. Web panel = no

J
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Yes to variable text

Variable text works like a champ on a G3 web panel but you have to use the !T SEND_COMMAND. The ^TXT SEND_COMMAND won't work.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Thanks Jeff - yes, that was the tech note I was referring to. Thank you.

And it is a perfect example of the flaws of AMX's website tech note arrangement. I did a search for "G3 web control," "G3 Web," and "multiple G3," and came up blank with each one. How the heck am I supposed to know to search for "Internet Inside," especially since they abandoned that terminology in favor of "Solutions" some months ago. I find it extremely frustrating that to actually find something on that site you have to already know exactly what to look for ...which is why I'm searching in the first place, I don't!
  • dthorsondthorson Posts: 103
    The "TEXT-" command also works like a champ on G3 web panels.
  • the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    I use @TXT for the G3 web panels and it works great.
    Joe Hebert wrote:
    Variable text works like a champ on a G3 web panel but you have to use the !T SEND_COMMAND.
    Don?t listen to that guy. He obviously doesn?t know what he?s talking about. :)
  • ProdigalProdigal Posts: 90
    Thank you very much for your replies.

Indeed that Tech note was a hard one to find, I also looked with similar keys as you did DHawthorne and had no results. Thank for the link Jeff it really worked out perfectly ;)

Altho I got a little confused on sendinf VT to the web pannel.

Indeed !T and ^txt do not work

But I don't know how to use "Text-" or @TXT commands.

If anyone would be so kind of posting the syntax for those commands, I would very much appreciate.

Regards

Andr
    Prodigal wrote:
    Indeed !T and ^txt do not work
    !T does work...it's not just the only option available.
    This will send Hello to a button with address code 1
    SEND_COMMAND dvTP, "'!T',1,'Hello'"

You can find the syntax for all commands in AMX-PI, a great resource.
  • ProdigalProdigal Posts: 90
    Thanks Joe.

Well I don't understand why, but atm '!T' is also working as well as @TXT and "TEXT"

Thank you for your help.

I didn't knew about the AMX-PI either, just downloaded it after a search about it. So thank you again ;D
    Sure thing.

Have fun.
  • JeffJeff Posts: 374
    I only found it because it was a slow day at work and I didn't have much better to do. Took me a while of searching, I think I finally ended up searching "multiple" only and reading all the technotes that popped up.

I'd agree, its time to restructure the technotes. I mean, there's not so many of them you couldn't at the VERY least just have the ability to browse them in order. If you could browse them by subject that'd be even better . . . .

J
    A keywords search for web panel will return tech note 378 also.
    Jeff wrote:
    I mean, there's not so many of them you couldn't at the VERY least just have the ability to browse them in order
    Do a Keyword search for TN and that returns a majority of them in order. I learned that tip from a post by Joe (not me Joe, just Joe) on the forum a long while back.