Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Hunter Douglas blinds?

Hey guys,

Anyone hooked up Hunter Douglas motorized blinds to AMX? Looking for a cheaper type solution for motorized blinds.

Thanks,
Dan

Comments

• jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    We've used them before. This is the IR that we've used with them, and it work fine.
  • dmurray14dmurray14 Posts: 80
    jjames wrote:
    We've used them before. This is the IR that we've used with them, and it work fine.

Thanks Jeremiah - which ones did you use?
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    To be honest - I don't know. I'd have to ask our installer to see if he remembers. Sorry.
  • dmurray14dmurray14 Posts: 80
    No problem, thanks for the file though!
  • bwestlakebwestlake Posts: 82
    DC reversing circuit

We have controlled both the IR and switched blinds. The switched units use a DC motor (2 wire) and you just reverse the current for UP or DOWN. There is a limit switch built into the blind at each end that is adjustable. We build a little 3-relay circuit to control the blinds. I don't like the IR controlled blinds. I can send you a circuit diagram for the reversing relays if you would like.
  • GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    bwestlake wrote:
    We have controlled both the IR and switched blinds. The switched units use a DC motor (2 wire) and you just reverse the current for UP or DOWN. There is a limit switch built into the blind at each end that is adjustable. We build a little 3-relay circuit to control the blinds. I don't like the IR controlled blinds. I can send you a circuit diagram for the reversing relays if you would like.
    Do you control the IR blinds (PowerRise) with relays? If so, I'd like to see how you do that.