Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Web Console Too Slow

How fast should I be able to communicate with a master using Web Console. I'm not talking baud rates, but it takes several seconds to several minutes for pages to load sometimes even on a local network connection. Are there some suggestions to speeding up the communication with Web Console on the NI-x100 masters?

Thanks.

--John

Comments

• NMarkRobertsNMarkRoberts Posts: 455
    Presuming that you are referring to G3 browser touchpanels, it's flaky, and it always takes a while to load, and sometimes it takes a long while, and sometimes it doesn't work at all.
  • Thanks NMarkRoberts. I'm actually referring to the web console built into the masters. You know the one where you use an internet browser on port 80 (default). I needed to change some settings on the master and needed to use a client's PC. All I had access to was an internet browser on his machine and the web interface was sooooo slow.

--John
  • NMarkRobertsNMarkRoberts Posts: 455
    I'm actually referring to the web console built into the masters.

OK that's never given me any trouble.
  • JeffJeff Posts: 374
    I've had the same problem. I'm on a LAN thats usually pretty high speed, but using the web console just crawls.

I wonder if this is part of the same thing that makes the G3Panels so slow . . .

J
  • DavidRDavidR Posts: 62
    the new master firmware (354) fixes this. the online tree display seems to be still broken however.
  • jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    Is the web console affected by the duet memory setting? I was under the impression that it's all running under Tomcat or a similar Java-based web-app framework. I would try bumping the memory up...

Jeremy
  • Thanks for the responses guys. I was thinking the same as you Jeremy and increased the Duet memory to 12M (telnet in and use "SET DUET" command) when I noticed how slow it was yesterday. It seemed to do a little better with the increased memory where at least the pages eventually loaded instead of crashing, but overall speed was still very slow.

I'll give the firmware update a try and see if it helps. I'll post some results a little later today.

--John
  • Sorry for the long delay in updating on this issue. We updated the firmware to v3.21.354 but access via port 80 is still s-l-o-o-o-o-w, even when connecting locally as a client on the local area network. It's not critical for us to access via port 80, but I still think it should work properly. Any other ideas?

--John
  • DavidRDavidR Posts: 62
    I think the load speed has increased and it doesn't hang (freeze) like before. what I do now is just skip it using it and use vnc.

the panels load instantly with vnc.
  • SensivaSensiva Posts: 211
    Sorry for the long delay in updating on this issue. We updated the firmware to v3.21.354 but access via port 80 is still s-l-o-o-o-o-w, even when connecting locally as a client on the local area network. It's not critical for us to access via port 80, but I still think it should work properly. Any other ideas?

--John

I was having this problem, even after installing 354 firmware, but doing a clean disk and setting duet memory to 5MB will do the job.