Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

ME260 and generic power supply

I'm just getting serious about AMX programming and purchased an old ME260 off eBay to throw some code at. What I'm curious about is if there is any reason I can't use any generic power supply as long as it can output 12V DC @750mA. I don't plan on running any other devices off of the master, I just want something where I can test code in a non-production environment.

Thanks,
Matt

Comments

• Options
    ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    I have used various power supplies for my stuff. Just make sure you hook the polarity up correctly, and have a 12v dc to 13.5v dc power supply capable of supplying enough current to what you have hooked up. If your doing a touch panel, depending on what, you might want to consider getting the 4 or 6 amp power supply from amx. But if it is the master alone, you could get like a 1000ma supply and it would work fine. Just don't put any more then 5' of cable from the power supply to the master if it is lower voltage around the 12v range. Radio shack has a white wall wart one that is 12v at 1000ma. its like 20 bucks or so.

Ryan
  • Options
    annuelloannuello Posts: 294
    When our AMX power supplies die (after 5 or 6 years of 24/7 use) I just replace them with 12v 5A supplies from the local electronics shop. It works without a hitch. I run a fair bit of equipment off the one supply, hence the large current rating.

Roger McLean
    Swinburne University.
  • Options
    mstocummstocum Posts: 120
    Thanks! I'm just planning on running the master, and already have a 12V 1amp power supply lying around the office.