Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware MAX by AMX

MAX UI module 1.65

adysadys Posts: 395
This UI is working only with one TP from I undestand?

What if there are 2 or more TPs in the same system for this module?

Not to mention that in the house I am working now you can go from every TP to every room...

Did someone ever tried it with Multi TP's configuration?

From what I saw in the code it a huge change...

Maybe the solution is to run several instances of the module on the same system? (UI only)

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I'm using it with multiple TP's ... a good ten of them, as a matter of fact. The paradigm is simply that you have an instance of the UI module for each panel. So, in my case, ten panels, ten UI modules defined, one for each.
  • adysadys Posts: 395
    Thanks Dave

I am not sure this is good for me...

I need to be able to enter room X from TP1 and TP2.
    I can't connect TP1 to a specific module, cause maybeI want to enter and controll this module from TP2...

get_last mechanizm solved me this issue , I don't think I can solve it this way without changing the code...

Maybe the way to solve it by Zone selecting?
    I saw that in the UI that coming with the Duet module the main screen gives Zone selection.

This way I can set the zone of the selected room without care from what TP.
  • You can control the different zones from any touchpanel through the zone selector under the 'Setup' tab on the UI. That part works very well, and you'll get appropriate feedback, etc... If you want to lock out some zones from certain touchpanels, you can delete the buttons for the zones you want to lock out on that Touchpanel.

You can also consider reworking the UI so that the zone selector is easier to find for the client instead of having multiple button presses to get him to selecting the zone, then back to selecting the source material.

--John
    John is correct, you can navigate the zones from any panel. I generally delete those pages from the panel itself, and do it in code, so that when the customer changes rooms on whatever navigation screen I am using, the MAX zone changes too. Just drop some DO_PUSH's in there with the button channels that would otherwise bring up the selection page, and the selection itself.
    Ok

That is sound good

I will set the zone (in code)according to the room the user wants to control, but the TP will keep on working with its individual module no matter what (module for every TP)
    BTW, any good trick to copy all the screen from the module TP file to my TP file?

Or I have to do it screen by sceen?
    DHawthorne wrote:
    I'm using it with multiple TP's ... a good ten of them, as a matter of fact. The paradigm is simply that you have an instance of the UI module for each panel. So, in my case, ten panels, ten UI modules defined, one for each.

Maybe that is a silly Question, but the comm module will be ony one instance, right?
    adys wrote:
    Maybe that is a silly Question, but the comm module will be ony one instance, right?

Correct - one comm, multiple UI. The virtual for the comm is passed to all the UI modules as a parameter and can be the same for all of them.
    Well its done now.

Thanks Dave.

I integrated it to all my systems and made a nice message base "SET_ZONE" so I can control any room from any TP.

They did a greate job on this module ( I saw the bugs thread)

Whats left is to change the look of the UI to be look like the rest of the house.