Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

NXC_ME Crash after firmware update

Hi @ all,
I've tried to put a new firmware (2010_kit_v2_139.kit) into my NXC-ME, like I've read in this treat:> http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=1405&highlight=nxc-me <
After rebooting the first time - the message on the screen said something like "unsuported filetype" - the system hung up. All three LED'S stayes after a few second on.
That's all.
Things I've tried:
Removing the NXC from the NXI to try it again.
Removing the LAN-Card cause I was not able to start a communication via TCP-IP before.
Removing the batteries - no change.
Removing the chip called "harddisc" or so, the red LED stayes off.
Is the firmware stored in this chip? And - if yes - is there a possibility to restore a running firmware?
I'm a little angry cause its my private one and tomorrow starts my three week vacation. I've planned to set up this system in this time....
Regards
Martin Ahlborn

Comments

• Options
    If your master had a firmware with Build 117 before (v2.20 or older), you have to load the 2.31 twice. First time it will break after 3 of 4 file parts. This is because the webserver changed with v2.30 and up, and the older fw version can not handle the new webserver files.

1) Load v2.31 into master. Will break after 3 of 4 files
    2) reboot manually
    3) reload v2.31 again, should pass now and reboot automatically
    4) enjoy :)

Regrads,
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    I'm sorry but it definitively looks something went wrong during upgrade process. Did he happen correctly without errors ? Sometimes CF card in Master can be corrupted and then system becomes unusable !

Only way is to get a new CF from AMX or dd an other one that is working ;) you'll find explanations for duplication of CF of master if you have access to a good master CF :D

Vince
  • Options
    That's right, but since the first upgrade I've no contact to the master to try it again. The RS232 seems to be death.
    In this master I could not find a CF-Card. It is an older one; no -64 or -260.
    It's only a dual inline chip on the PCB. I had to open the unit again to post it's name.
    CU
    Martin

By the way:
    here's a copy of the firmware-versions shown by the system:

Local devices for system #1 (This System)
    Device (ID)Model (ID)Mfg FWID Version
    00000 (00256)Master (00001)Panja Inc. 00256 v2.00.66
    (00256)vxWorks Image (00001) 00257 v2.00.71
    (00256)BootROM (00001) 00258 v2.00.70
    (00256)AXLink I/F uContr(00001) 00270 v1.02
    00001 (00257)NXI Download (00001)Panja Inc. 00260 v1.010
    ( (00257)NXI/NXI-1000 Boot(00001) 00261 b0.002
    00128 (00164)RADIO/IR RECEIVER B(00001)Panja, Inc. 00000 v1.41 AMX A
    00160 (00159)B/W LCD TOUCH PANEL(00001)Panja, Inc. 65535 v5.01h
  • Options
    siegburger wrote:
    That's right, but since the first upgrade I've no contact to the master to try it again. The RS232 seems to be death.
    In this master I could not find a CF-Card. It is an older one; no -64 or -260.
    It's only a dual inline chip on the PCB. I had to open the unit again to post it's name.

Yep if it's an old one it's a DOC in it (Disk on Chip) so only way to program it back is to use a flash programmer (tool used in electronic) or ask for a replacement by AMX but it'll be probably pretty expensive :(

Vince
  • Options
    Hi Vince,
    are you shure that the firmware is stored in the DOC only? I'm currently trying to find someone to program this chip. Its the MD-2200-D08-V3.
    But the next problem: Where to get an image?
    The reason to flash the firmware was a problem with the LAN-Card. No respons of a ping, but it was seen from the router. But this is the next problem.....
    CU
    Martin
  • Options
    siegburger wrote:
    Hi Vince,
    are you shure that the firmware is stored in the DOC only? I'm currently trying to find someone to program this chip. Its the MD-2200-D08-V3.

Yep all firmware is stored on DOC excepted Boot file with is really small and stored on flash on circuit board ;)
    siegburger wrote:
    But the next problem: Where to get an image?
    The reason to flash the firmware was a problem with the LAN-Card. No respons of a ping, but it was seen from the router. But this is the next problem.....

I don't know where you can find that, all the more these products are pretty old now :(

Vince