Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Dynamo & Server Preferences

Bringing up an old subject here, but one I'm not very familiar with. We're looking for some ideas on video servers and was wondering if you all have a preference. Axis has been thrown around quite a bit here on the forums and a few people seem to like it. The price though is slightly steep ($500sh for a single port server.) Since I'm just now starting to look for pieces, is this price typical for a decent server? Has anyone used other servers that work well for MJPEG? Obviously we're going to be using the Dynamo feature, but on several MVP-8400s possibly at once.

Suggestions? Preferences? Input? Want to tell me to just "use the search" button or RTFM? Anything would be appreciated.

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I've been using the single port Axis server w/ a cheap Everplex 8CQ switcher Single/Quad A/B viewer which has RS232 control. I believe the Axis server can serve several clients at the same time. With multiple viewers on different TP at the same time your likely to have more of an issue with who has control of the switcher. But there'sonly so much you can do unless you spend substantially more $$.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    vining wrote:
    But there'sonly so much you can do unless you spend substantially more $$.
    Indeed. Unfortunately I don't think this is a job where we can go hog wild, so we'll just have to see. Thanks for the quick reply!
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Using Vivo VS2403s with no problems at all.
  • ImpaqtImpaqt Posts: 155
    Just figured I'd resurect this post instead of starting a new one...

Are the Axis and the Vivotek the only Players inthe game still?

Having trouble finding the Vivotek and the Axis still seems expensive for what it does.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I buy the Vivotek from Provantage.
  • ImpaqtImpaqt Posts: 155
    Provantage shows all their cameras, but not the video servers.....