Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

What DVR for MVP-8400's?

I've used the Axis boxes to stream video to MVP's for a while. Very nice for front Door Cams....

I have a CLient with 4 Cameras that not only wants to View them on his MVP-8400... He wants to record them. THe DVR's I've used inthe past have always been stand alone and views on local monitors.... Now, I could of course take the Monitor Output of the DVR into the axis box and do it that way, but seems to me someone should make a DVR that has the streaming capabilities build in already...

ANy Suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've just recently installed one of these: http://www.atvideo.com/Products/FA16/index.htm . It seems to do everything you are looking for.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I just used a GE Digia4 which has a built in web server and streams MPEG4 but that won't help with the MVP so you would need a MJPEG server like the AXIS. It has RS232 but isn't functional yet so any commands would have to be sent via HTTP.
  • ImpaqtImpaqt Posts: 155
    Yeah, Many of my commercial jobs in the past got the Kalatel/GE Intelogix stuff. Cetainly doesnt fit this application.

Looking into the ATV Stuff.. Looks promising.
    GOt some info on the ATV and wont work the way I hoped.

Is there any other way to do streaming video on a 8400 other than Dynamic Imaging?
    The MVP only supports MJPEG but I think most if not all the other panels support MPEG-2 and some support MPEG-4.

I didn't see thing on the ATV about streaming anything other than having a standard HTTP web server.
    vining wrote:
    The MVP only supports MJPEG but I think most if not all the other panels support MPEG-2 and some support MPEG-4.

I didn't see thing on the ATV about streaming anything other than having a standard HTTP web server.

Maybe I could just G-4 Computer control it.. :)

Looks like an Axis box and a DVR so far...
  • flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    Impaqt wrote:
    Maybe I could just G-4 Computer control it.. :)

Looks like an Axis box and a DVR so far...

Could you elaborate a little bit more about the Axis box? Where are you buying them from? What is the price range on them?. How do you stream the picture to the 8400?
    http://www.axis.com/

They're talking about a MJPEG server. NTSC or PAL video in and a network MJPEG stream out.

There are several varieties and sizes but a single server like the AXIS 241S is between $400 - $500.

It can take a single video camera and serve it over the network or take multiple cameras into a quad viewer multiplexer/switcher out to the AXIS and control all your cameras with the abilty to show quad pictures or singles video streams. This only allows one stream at a time. You can larger servers that can take multiple cameras directly and serve multiple streams simultaneously.

Very high quality video streams!
    vining wrote:
    http://www.axis.com/

They're talking about a MJPEG server. NTSC or PAL video in and a network MJPEG stream out.

There are several varieties and sizes but a single server like the AXIS 241S is between $400 - $500.

It can take a single video camera and serve it over the network or take multiple cameras into a quad viewer multiplexer/switcher out to the AXIS and control all your cameras with the abilty to show quad pictures or singles video streams. This only allows one stream at a time. You can larger servers that can take multiple cameras directly and serve multiple streams simultaneously.

Very high quality video streams!

Thanks Vining. Do you have a rough idea about the price for a 16 channel?
    A 4 video server card is around $900.00 a 12 video server budle (3, 4 server cards and a 1 rack unit card shell is $3K). They have a much larger card shell that can hold around 10 cards.

These are very expensive which is why it's cheaper to use camera / quad switcher or even an autopatch switcher would be less expensive. You could use a 4 camera server and a switcher to provide 4 simultaneous streams.
    vining wrote:
    A 4 video server card is around $900.00 a 12 video server budle (3, 4 server cards and a 1 rack unit card shell is $3K). They have a much larger card shell that can hold around 10 cards.

These are very expensive which is why it's cheaper to use camera / quad switcher or even an autopatch switcher would be less expensive. You could use a 4 camera server and a switcher to provide 4 simultaneous streams.

Thanks Vining. I'm assuming this prices are retail, right?
  • joecjoec Posts: 55
    Yeah thats retail. I just bought a new quad 4 video AXIS 241Q on Ebay for a little over $400.00

I stream my tivos, kaleidescape movie players and my video cameras to the 8400 panels using multiple AXIS servers.

No sound but the video on the wireless panel is cool.