Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

TPD4 button paste problem

I hope someone here can help me on this one - AMX Tech support has been notified and offers no solution.

The issue is that when I copy one or more buttons, or even an entire page, and paste the copy, several properties get reset to default values. I first noticed it with the 'bitmap' property getting lost, but digging further I see that the 'programming' properties are also reset.

I've tried this on another computer using the same file and no problems, and I've also tried it with a different project on my original PC and the same problem. So this issue only happens on the one PC. I've uninstalled TPD4 and reinstalled and same issue. I've done a DiskCheck on the hard drive and no errors. This just started yesterday and there have not been any machine configuration changes that I recall recently.

I also have a problem with NetLinx Studio - when I compile a file I commonly get the error "major system error occured", but when I keep recompiling it eventually goes away. Yes, I've uninstalled Studio and reinstalled with no change, and AMX Tech support is again baffled.

So the question is, what is it with this PC that is corrupt causing this problem? I see no other problems with any other applications, just NetLinx Studio and now TPD4. I can live with the Studio problem, but the TPD4 one is a real hinderance. Please help!

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    This is a stab in the dark, but have you tried clearing out your temporary Internet files? I?ve seen strange things happen on PCs when they haven?t been cleared for a long time.
  • I have had exactly the same one. I have had it after creating my custom toolbar (to resolve the "annoying toolbars after restart"-problem).

I un-installed all TP4 files, cleared all registry entries, and re-installed, but the problem was still there. However, I did not delete the files under c:\program files\common files\AMXShare\ because I didn't know that there were more TP4 files

The only way out I found was creating a new Windows User account on the same PC. (very annoying !!). But then I made my toolbar again, and the problem came back after a couple of
    days. It only stopped, when I let my paws off the Toolbars and stuff... But maybe it was something else causing the problem...

Btw, there is a new TP4Design version since last week, but I don't think that this one is fixed
  • FYI, It seems that I've now resolved the TPD4 bug by uninstalling again, deleting all registry entries for TPD4, and reinstalling.

As far as my temporary Internet files, I regularly clean them out along with any other cache files. In fact, I did a complete 'Disk Cleanup' before posting this topic.

Anyway, I still have the NetLinx Studio problem, but since I can compile eventually I will work on that as I have time.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.
  • FYI, It seems that I've now resolved the TPD4 bug by uninstalling again, deleting all registry entries for TPD4, and reinstalling.

As far as my temporary Internet files, I regularly clean them out along with any other cache files. In fact, I did a complete 'Disk Cleanup' before posting this topic.

Anyway, I still have the NetLinx Studio problem, but since I can compile eventually I will work on that as I have time.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Could it be that the paste controls are set to not carry over the properties that are being reset to default? I get nailed by this sometimes myself...
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Could it be that the paste controls are set to not carry over the properties that are being reset to default? I get nailed by this sometimes myself...
    Crap, I didn?t even know paste controls existed. I sure could have used this in past projects. So we use paste controls to avoid ?Copy of? images in the Resource Manager? Doh! Just goes to show how much more I need to learn...

In case I?m not the only one:
    From the menu bar ? Button-->Paste Controls or F9

Very nice feature (image attached.)