Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

Mvp7500

Hi There,
My MVP7500 appears to have gone faulty. On start up the display fades into pale nothingness. I have launched the set up page and through viewing at an obscure angle have tried adjusting brightness contrast etc no joy. TP application runs in background ok just not viewable. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Sounds like the CF card was corrupted, all too common a problem.
  • SensivaSensiva Posts: 211
    Can you?
    TP application runs in background ok just not viewable
    Can you open the Panel interface using WebControl from the masters web interface?
  • mickymicky Posts: 5
    No strangely, unable to access web interface
    Another question.

Do you see the panel listed in the Webcontrol panels list??

I hope you understand me :)
    micky wrote:
    No strangely, unable to access web interface
  • DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    micky wrote:
    Hi There,
    My MVP7500 appears to have gone faulty. On start up the display fades into pale nothingness. I have launched the set up page and through viewing at an obscure angle have tried adjusting brightness contrast etc no joy. TP application runs in background ok just not viewable. Any help appreciated.
    Re send the firmware if you can connect properly.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    DHawthorne wrote:
    Sounds like the CF card was corrupted, all too common a problem.

I take this back. On re-reading, I'm more inclined to think the backlight on the display is failing.
    Hi there,

Sometimes hard to describe faults as one sees them. The backlight appears to be bright enough there just seems to be no contrast ratio to the LCD panel. Am able to connect to the panel and have tried the latest firmware upgrade, unable to complete with insufficient memory returned.

Regards, Micky
    Web Interface, Unable to access Masters web interface password long forgotten, oops!
    Ok...
    micky wrote:
    Web Interface, Unable to access Masters web interface password long forgotten, oops!

Try accessing the panel using VNC viewer

here
  • Problem solved

My thanks to you all, installed a.n.other flash card. This allowed me to reset the brightness through set up. Reinstalled originall flash card, all working fine. Not sure why original flash would not let me adjust brightness, perhaps no return from out of range adjustment corrected by later software!
    VNC viewer fine, should I code an invisible button to access the set up pages through this connection just in case fault returns and I don't have access to a replacement flash,
    Thanks again,
    Micky
    No Need for invisible Buttons

Glad you have solved your problem, I know how does it feel when 3K+USD modero panel get faulty

to access the setup page you have two ways:
    1st: Telnet to the panel and type SETUP, this will flip to the setup page
    2nd: If Telnet isn't activated use Send_comman TP,'SETUP', This instruction can be entered into Master telnet session, or from Control Device tool in NetLinx Studio

BTW : If it was a brightness level as you said, then using VNC viewer would have solved your problem. without having the risk of unplugging the Compact Flash.

Have a Nice Install :)
    Sensiva