Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions
Options

Latest TPD4 weirdness

I have updated to the latest version of TPD4 and seem to have found a problem.

When I upload a previously working Touch Panel file, I experience problems with popup pages opening up and immediately closing.

I do all my panel navigation from the program. However, I also organize my popup pages according to where they are in the layout. For example pages that come in on the right side of the panel are in a folder Right Popups.

I have a routine in the program that is responcible for closing previous popups and opening the new one(s). That routine has worked flawlessly for over 20 projects during the past 2 years. However, when I loaded the same old touch panel files using the new TPD4, popups that were in a folder called Whole Window Popups when called would open and then immediately close. I bumped around the program for a while and eventually saw that the program was not sending a close popup command when the panel would close the popup.

I then figured that the panel itself is doing it as I know that we can set it up so that a popup open within the same popup group will close the previous popup of the same group. However, that was not what was happening.

What I did find out is that making a new 'Whole Window Popups' group folder and then deleting the old fixed the problem. I then found that all the other popup groups were doing the same thing. So, I had to create new Popup group folders for everything, move the popups over (1 at a time - very infuriating...) then deleting the old folder.

To test the theory further, I reloaded a known working TP file and system. It did the very same thing.

So, watch out for this bug. I'm not sure what to think about it.

Comments

• Options
    haven't you tried reinstalling a previous version of TPDesign, and transfer the project again?
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    haven't you tried reinstalling a previous version of TPDesign, and transfer the project again?

Yes. the problem persists. However, If I reload the old version of TPD4, and then upload the file to the TP, all is well. So, for now, I'm going to use the previous version of TPD4.

I have spoken with AMXs tech support today. When they loaded it, they got the same error.

They have a copy of the offending TP file and my program. They say they'll get back to me asap with an answer.

the pat answer from them so far is that we are supposed to re-up all our TP files when we change TPD4 versions. In other words: create a new TP file in the new app. Then copy/paste each page and popup in the old file into the new. For me that's a lot of work since the new version still does not allow you to select multiple pages/popups and copy/paste them.

When they get back to me, I'll let everyone know what they say.
  • Options
    DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    ericmedley wrote:
    the pat answer from them so far is that we are supposed to re-up all our TP files when we change TPD4 versions. In other words: create a new TP file in the new app. Then copy/paste each page and popup in the old file into the new. For me that's a lot of work since the new version still does not allow you to select multiple pages/popups and copy/paste them.
    So if you open a file created with a previous version of TPD4 with the latest rev of TPD4 (which updates it upon opening) with the intention of doing a 'save as' and creating another project from it, it is not recommended to do this?

If I understand you correctly, it is recommended that we make a new file and copy all of the pages one by one into the new file skeleton from the existing previous rev file.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I suspect the resource indexing has changed. I've notice many more cases of cutting and pasting pages and buttons, and having the bitmap and/or chameleon image set wrongly on the paste. Sometimes it looks fine in TPD4, and is only scrambled on the panel itself.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    So if you open a file created with a previous version of TPD4 with the latest rev of TPD4 (which updates it upon opening) with the intention of doing a 'save as' and creating another project from it, it is not recommended to do this?

If I understand you correctly, it is recommended that we make a new file and copy all of the pages one by one into the new file skeleton from the existing previous rev file.

that is what Steve from AMX tech support told me. I had reason to pause since my Touch Panel files will quite often have well over 100 popups. I repeated back to him his advice just to make sure I had heard him correctly. As I've griped before, not being able to select multiple popups/pages in the project window is a big minus for this very reason. (ctrl - click)

And Dave, I suspect you are correct. it seems to be some resource that is being corrupted. As I said, If you recreate the folder (Popup Group), delete the old one, and then rename the new one with the old folder's name, things work just fine. You still have to move each one of the popups over to the new folder one at a time. But, it does at least work.