Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Newbie code question help please!

Hi guys.

Wondered if anyone could help me with an efficient way of doing this?

PLH-VS8

If output X is turned on

Then turn on input X,X and output X,X

If output X is turned off

Then turn turn off input X,X and output X,X

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    A channel event should would work
    CHANNEL_EVENT[dvDEV,1]
    {
         ON:
         {
              // Turn on output X,X
         }
         OFF:
         {
              // Turn off output X,X
         }
    }

• Options
    I am having a hard time knowing what channels to turn on and off. When I look at what is being sent and recieved from the switch it looks like a hex string. For example if video input #2 goes on and I want to then turn on video input #3 and #4 and also turn on video output # 3 and #4 how would I do that?
  • Options
    jazzwyldjazzwyld Posts: 199
    What type of switch are you talking about? Is this just an a/v switch? It sounds like you want to do matrix switching, if you can describe it a little more, someone may be able to help you.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply guys! The switch is a PLH-VS8 and is running under a DXP program which only uses composite video (which is ok for some zones but not for others). I was looking for a way I can get some of the zones to route component video. I thought a good way would be monitor the composite outputs and when a certain one is turned on to have a small additional piece of code turn on some inputs and outputs based on monitoring that composite output. Hope this makes some scense to you guys. Thanks again for your help!
  • Options
    siebsieb Posts: 9
    Yes there is. See my reply under Netlinx Studio...

Scott