Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Ni 2000 Memory

I have an NI-2000 with a piece of code in it that seems to be taking a lot of resources away from the processor or something. I have quite a few devices on it that are polling a lot for updates.

I am looking to use a couple g3 web panels served off of it, but the browser is really slow. Is there a way to re-adjust the memory to help speed that up maybe? It is running the latest duet firmware. I know I can adjust the duet memory, but I don't know if that would affect it.

Thanks,
Ryan

Comments

• Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    ryanww wrote:
    I am looking to use a couple g3 web panels served off of it, but the browser is really slow. Is there a way to re-adjust the memory to help speed that up maybe? It is running the latest duet firmware. I know I can adjust the duet memory, but I don't know if that would affect it.
    Check out tech notes 790 and 766. The magic number seems to be 12M. Tech note 766 states trial and error as the way to determine the amount of DUET memory needed, not very scientific. :( One would think there should be a better way.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Joe Hebert wrote:
    One would think there should be a better way.
    I usually count my fingers and toes and then divide by two. So far I keep getting a result of 10 and with any luck that number won't change.
  • Options
    ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    Cool.. Thanks, I should have checked that first.. didn't even think about it. I will try it when I am back on site.

Ryan
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    vining wrote:
    I usually count my fingers and toes and then divide by two. So far I keep getting a result of 10 and with any luck that number won't change.
    If you take Nyquil, stay clear of table saws.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Joe Hebert wrote:
    If you take Nyquil, stay clear of table saws.
    Yeah, but you don't need Nyquil. I lopped off the corner of my thumb with a table saw, taped the piece back on and went back to work. Then smashed the same thumb with a hammer twice before giving up for the day.
  • Options
    DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    vining wrote:
    Joe Hebert wrote:

Yeah, but you don't need Nyquil. I lopped off the corner of my thumb with a table saw, taped the piece back on and went back to work. Then smashed the same thumb with a hammer twice before giving up for the day.
    ...and ended your modeling career

:-)
  • Options
    jazzwyldjazzwyld Posts: 199
    Taking a Hint

Well maybe the hammer percussion's were meant to help secure the thumb after the dismemberment. There are many times I use sudden applications of pressure to secure pieces of flesh to my body.
  • Options
    DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    jazzwyld wrote:
    Well maybe the hammer percussion's were meant to help secure the thumb after the dismemberment. There are many times I use sudden applications of pressure to secure pieces of flesh to my body.
    I'm not going to say a thing.

:-)
  • Options
    The most it will let me set it to is 8mb.. why is that? Is the CF card just too small? It is a ni2000 and I believe a 32 meg card.

Thanks,
    Ryan
  • Options
    GeoGeo Posts: 6
    Not 100% sure but I think the NI2000 only lets you go up to 8M. I have a 4100 that will allow anything from 2M to 36M, but 10 to 12 seems to do the trick every time. For smaller projects, I've had good luck with anything above 3M.
  • Options
    Well I guess I will put it at 8 and see how it works.. It did seem to speed up the web interface a bit..

Ryan