Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Stupid Question - BRC300 Camera

OK, I'm missing something. I have a camera. It came with no RS232 documentation. AMX's database reveals an Excel spreadsheet with commands in it.

These commands have letters I've never used in 232 before . . . I don't really understand it. I feel like I'm missing something stupid. Anyone able to help?

Comments

• Options
    Jeff,

This looks like standard Visca Protocol that all Sony PTZ cameras use. The values are all HEX. The x represents the camera number, if you daisy chain multiple cameras through the control out port on the camera it will be the number in the chain. For a singe camera that is 1, so the HEX would be $81.

For zoom in and out p is the speed

Zoom out really slow would be:
    "$81,$01,$04,$07,$30,$FF"
    Zoom in really fast would be:
    "$81,$01,$04,$07,$27,$FF"

Pan and tilt are similar, VV and WW are speed parameters, the doc says refer to D70 for the range.

There are several commands I have not seen before, like titling and wide mode. You may have to experiment a little with them, but it looks like they are giving the corresponding values for the variables (all lowder case letters)

You could most likely use an existing control module for any Sony PTZ camera.
  • Options
    I use the module from AMX for the Sony EVI-D70 camera for this camera and it works great for all of the standard functions.