Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

AMX IR Receivers & 3rd Party Remotes

Good day to you all,

I have two questions:
1- Are AMX IR Receivers for AMX Remotes only, Or I can use it with any other remote?
2- Have you guys heard about IR/RS232 or IR/IP Receivers?

I am trying to design a very low cost solution for my client, Who doesn't like the prices of Mio Remotes.

Thanks to you all

Comments

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Xantech has an IR to RS232 box and IR to contact closure as well a few other flavor devices and I believe Extron has IP to IR boxes depending on which way you want to go.
  • Options
    SensivaSensiva Posts: 211
    vining wrote:
    I believe Extron has IP to IR boxes depending on which way you want to go.

Here it is, I want to integrate the Audio/Video systems in few rooms into the AMX System, The client doesn't want to buy any Mio remotes or more touch panels.

So I am thinking of using his old Pronto remotes to send INPUT to the master , then my code will do the rest. In this way I can control Drapes, Lights and HVACs based on his input to Pronto.

If AMX IR Receivers can read any IR signals from any other remote, then I don't have to use IR/Whatever converters, If not, then I should use more accessories like the one you mentioned from Xantech
  • Options
    I did this in a yacht a few years ago. This is what I recall.

The AMX IR receivers can only accept a given set of 255 IR codes.

These codes are available for the Pronto. I have the file but I can't remember where they are kept - are they in the CCF file? PM me for it.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The codes for the AMX IR receivers are readily available - search the AMX site; I think you can even find them on www.RemoteCentral.com .
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    I did this in a yacht a few years ago. This is what I recall.

The AMX IR receivers can only accept a given set of 255 IR codes.

I thought things done on a yacht stay on the yacht. Hmm...

Here is an RTI command library with the AMX codes. This library features commands 0-255, but you can't generate a button event with channel 0, so I'm not sure what the function of that code is, just use 1-255.