Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

8400 Low memory warning

Hi all

when transfering my tp4 file to some of the tps (not all of them) I get the message "Low memory warning" . "unable to load all user pages. unexpected results may occur"

I rebooted, removed all user pages and still the same.

I have a lots of pages, this project is huge.

What to do?
Is there a way to solve that in the hardware? to add memory to the Tp (8400)

I need to add a lot more pages....

Also, maybe its the time to ask, why then transfering to tps the same file, the count of files are never the same? sometimes its 3446 itmes, sometimes its 1650 items.
Whats the reason for that?

Thanks

Adys.

* if not clear, all TPS are 8400 with the same firmware

Comments

• Options
    AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    You can not add any more sdram to the MVP. But you can BUY bigger compact flash drive for the MVP. The touch panel files are stored on the compact flash, you can increase the size up to a gig. Before you buy more CF, make sure you try to delete all the pages from the TP first, then try a full download, not a smart one.

As far as the other question you had, I guess your doing a "smart" transfer. Since it is smarter then us, it knows what it needs to download. So I can only assume that you should not worrie about that...
    adys wrote:
    Hi all

when transfering my tp4 file to some of the tps (not all of them) I get the message "Low memory warning" . "unable to load all user pages. unexpected results may occur"

I rebooted, removed all user pages and still the same.

I have a lots of pages, this project is huge.

What to do?
    Is there a way to solve that in the hardware? to add memory to the Tp (8400)

I need to add a lot more pages....

Also, maybe its the time to ask, why then transfering to tps the same file, the count of files are never the same? sometimes its 3446 itmes, sometimes its 1650 items.
    Whats the reason for that?

Thanks

Adys.

* if not clear, all TPS are 8400 with the same firmware
  • Options
    adysadys Posts: 395
    Thanks Jeff

1. I never use smart transfer, so its not clear to me why it does it this way. even when removed the user pages from the tp and transfer again, its not the same item counts in all tps.

2. If I do undestand the error, its not about the flash memory space, its loading issue.
    I can transfer the full file, but it cant load all of it to the memory.

I don't some reboot and a little cleanup in the TP file and now its loading but I am really worried about this issue....
  • Options
    AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    My understanding on the memory it wont try to load the whole panel into memory. It loads the pages one at a time into memory when you call the page for the first time. Once the memory fills up it will start swapping to the CF on the swap partition.
    adys wrote:
    Thanks Jeff

1. I never use smart transfer, so its not clear to me why it does it this way. even when removed the user pages from the tp and transfer again, its not the same item counts in all tps.

2. If I do undestand the error, its not about the flash memory space, its loading issue.
    I can transfer the full file, but it cant load all of it to the memory.

I don't some reboot and a little cleanup in the TP file and now its loading but I am really worried about this issue....
  • Options
    In this case, it works very fast, I must say...

so I don't undestand whats going on here. My TP file is 11 mega size, 3500 items, not something that can't sit on the flash memory...

what is the default flash size that comes with the 8400?
    How can I see the free space etc etc?

Thanks
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    adys wrote:
    In this case, it works very fast, I must say...

so I don't undestand whats going on here. My TP file is 11 mega size, 3500 items, not something that can't sit on the flash memory...

what is the default flash size that comes with the 8400?
    How can I see the free space etc etc?

Thanks

The last one I had open had a 256M CF card. You can't really go by the TP file size alone though, there are system pages and overhead ... but still, it shouldn't be that much. Could be your CF is corrupt and won't write past a certain point.

You can check free memory in a panel by telnetting into it and typing "mem" . Just "?" by itself will show you some of the the supported telnet commands (though oddly enough, "mem" doesn't show buy still works); some can be quite handy.
  • Options
    Thanks Dave

I forgot the telnet option

Ady
  • Options
    I am getting this error again.. after removing user pages from the TP, I am transfer the file with full transfer(not smart) I get this error.

Then, when I make smart transfer, its ok.

When checking the free space on the tp, I get 18 meg free.

I wanted to try and replace the card to a 128 card, just to be sure, so I opened the TP and took out the card.

Windows don't recognize it...

What now?

Thanks

Ady.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    adys wrote:
    I am getting this error again.. after removing user pages from the TP, I am transfer the file with full transfer(not smart) I get this error.

Then, when I make smart transfer, its ok.

When checking the free space on the tp, I get 18 meg free.

I wanted to try and replace the card to a 128 card, just to be sure, so I opened the TP and took out the card.

Windows don't recognize it...

What now?

Thanks

Ady.

They are formatted for Linux, not Windows. Mount it in a Linux partition.
  • Options
    DHawthorne wrote:
    They are formatted for Linux, not Windows. Mount it in a Linux partition.

And then I can copy them with not problem to the new card and it will work?
    not hiden codes of AMX like in the MAX Hard disks? :)